Black Industries speedo box

OB_VegasDude

Registered
Just installed my yellow box. My buddy, who is an electronics expert, put it on for me and did an nice job.He even shrunk wrapped the whole thing and it looks better than stock. I tried the gps vs the odometer and it showed 10.3 miles vs 10 miles on the gps. I then ran the gps up to 100 mph and my speedo showed exactly 110 mph....10% off. I then adusted the yellow box accordingly. I will give it the final test tomorrow as it was too late today. SO far everything is good...........I went off the speedo to calibrate as the odometer is more accurate than the speedo..........go figure...

[This message has been edited by VegasDude (edited 08 January 2000).]

[This message has been edited by VegasDude (edited 08 January 2000).]

Vegas Dude,

How long did it take you to recieve your blackbox/yellow box? I ordered my box on 13 Dec(card charged on that date) and to date have not received it. The name that appeared on the credit credit card statement was "AMBASSADOR TV SERVICE CORRIMAL". Did your credit card statement state the same? Thanks in advance for your help.

[This message has been edited by Ghost Ryder01 (edited 08 January 2000).]

When i get it calibrated in, then Ive got it set up to do a radar gun check. I'll make a pass at 50, 100 and then 150. If those are pretty accurate and if the person (cop)can take the pressure then im going top end.............the person is already nervous at the 150.....lol

Vegas,
The price please and I wont one black box. Those it come with application instruction.

thank Vegas

[This message has been edited by Erik Gendron (edited 08 January 2000).]

Vegas,
Just spoke with a friend,he`s telling me that he can ajust the little black box on a dyno...doying runs and runs and runs.
could it be true. Just asking...in Québec, Canada no one have that little black box...
need info on that product...

thank Vegas

Well, I got the yellow box dialed in. I took DP's advice. From 120 to 150 it matched the gps perfectly. 90 and below it shows approx 2 mph slow. I can live with that. At 100 it showed 101 on the gps, not too damn bad...................I'm a happy camper.

[This message has been edited by VegasDude (edited 09 January 2000).]

[This message has been edited by VegasDude (edited 09 January 2000).]

It was a lifesaver for me here in the land of speedtraps and wallet vampires!
V1+Yellowbox = ready for the road.

[This message has been edited by Todd (edited 09 January 2000).]

Vegas, remember that Roman told us the stock speedo error increases with speed from around 5% at lower speeds to 8-10% at the highest speeds (170+). This variable error is probably due to tire growth, which effectively increases your final drive ratio as you go faster.

This means we (I have a beta unit too but haven't calibrated it yet) have to "pick a speed" where we want perfect accuracy. I'll set mine for 120 mph to have good accuracy in a band from 70 to 170.

Assuming your GPS is right (how can it be wrong?) I'm amazed you have a 10% error at only 100 mph. This suggests that your stock speedo will turn out to have been up to 13% happy at very high speeds.

Vegas was the lucky winner of the KawAbuser Yellow Box Competition.

Vegas you should thank "easyrider" for his bashing of Kawabuser which created the "Yellow Box Competition".

Erik the boxes are for sale from our buddy 99TLR/Roman Black.

GhostRyder,

Same story over here ... ordered Nov. 1st ... E-mail contacts with Roman Black (TLR99) until last one on Dec. 15th when he told me they had Customs problems leading to a batch of Euro-order YellowBoxes being returned and that he would get back to me ... that's the final contact I had ... sent other E-mails without any reply since ... also doesn't respond here anymore ... I already paid via credit-card as well and same name appeared as on yours ... starting to get a bit pissed here!

Animal,
I've sent him several message without a response. As with you, I'm pissed as well. He told me the box would be sent out on 13 Dec. Thought I was the only one with this problem. Let me know if you hear from him and I'll do the same.

Back