Yellow box speedo unit

OB_VegasDude

Registered
Just received my yellow box to correct the speedo. If my personal advisor (KawAbuser) can email me some pics and tips to install I would appreciate it. Im going to actually read the instructions to see if I can do it on my own.........god forbid......and we will see what happens

Hey KawAbuser, I read the instructions................HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!

VegasDude,
How did you stretch out the window of the chat forum on your topic? How cool-
ducmanic

[This message has been edited by ducmanic (edited 22 October 1999).]

Vegas they are a little long winded, but he didnt hide anything. Let me keep up my search on some connectors,it will make the install a clean and simple installation process. Vegas have you been to the web site for information on the product. The calculation is as simple as punching in some numbers at the online site.

He should include a floppy disc with the calculation program with the kit. If I can get another set of connectors I will send them to you with heat shrink.

How do you feel about your "Prize Module" now?

I feel pretty cool about it. It looks simple to install........but for one thing....where the hell is the speedo harness to hook this thing up? I found my thumbs but...................

Hey KawaAbuser, if you do find the connectors.......please send them to me and I'll gladly pay ya for em.............Thanks again..........

Hi guys, firstly, I take the hint on the plugs! As soon as I find a good source of the right plugs I will make a "plug and play" harness so our product can be just plugged in to the bike. We will have to make a different one for each bike, something I have never been real keen on.

Re the floppy disk with the calculator on it, there is no need. Just go to the calculator on our web page and save it: "file - save as" and you will have the calculator on your computer without having to go online. Just double click on the file you saved and your browser should open up and let you use the calculator anytime.

If you want my personal tip on making installation easy, just remove the speedo sensor first. This is mounted on the sprocket cover with one or two screws. Then it unplugs. You can put the speedo sensor on your workbench, complete with its 1 foot of wires. Attach the wires for our product into these wires, you can do it all sitting at your bench and not crawling around the bike.

Then just re-mount the sensor (with our product attached) to the bike.

I know, I know, you just want to plug the damn thing in and be done with it. We will try to help. :) Now if I can just buy some camshafts and head modifications that plug in (preferably without removing my fairings) I will be really happy! I'm teasing!

Hey 99tlr, exactly where is the speedo sensor located? Under the speedometer itself? Near the front tire?...............thanks for the help. Also, what is your website address.

is it the device with the yellow, blue and green wires? or is it the thing thats above and to the right of thing with the yellow, blue and green wires and its all black. It appears to me to be the solid black piece that tapers and goes into the hole on the right side of the picture/case. I talked to my mechanic he said he could do the mod, with no problems just waiting for the connectors from my personal adviser (KawAbuser) My mechanic has many years of motorcyle experience and is anxious to perform this mod............

[This message has been edited by VegasDude (edited 23 October 1999).]

Does anyone still need installation help? And is anyone still waiting for their unit?

Back