yellow speedo box

GR, maybe you'd better contact them/him again as they are now back from holidays and as 99TLR put it in his posting Yellow Box Feedback (only just at the bottom of the first page of this forum right now) all orders should by now more or less have been received by everyone.
You do know that 99TLR is (from) the company that makes em, don't you?

Yngve,
Don't worry, won't correct you again, as a matter of fact ... I STAND CORRECTED!
Let's compromise ... you are absolutely right in that your solution works even for changing sprocket ratio ... there, that hurts, but I've done it.
Only for wheel/tire changes (although I too can't see the use of that, apart from same-sized but lighter/prettier wheels maybe) does this not work while the YB still works for that as well.
And of course, for the mechanically inclined, where to mount those 9 bolts and place pickup?

Oh, and about your reference to the old way with cable-driven speedos from front wheel.
I wish that bike manufacturers also placed the electronic speedo pickup there.
How often do people change front wheel/tire size? No sprocket ratio that can be changed and also no problem with several % tire-slip unless under hard braking.
Of course you shouldn't wheely when you want to know real speed then.
All in all, that would IMHO be the far better place for speedo pickup!

Animal ( hmm we have to stop seeing eachother like this heheh ) My reference was to the olld Kawasaki Gpz because they have also a electronic speedometer. A first on a bike I think. Also the Z1000J model had speedometers without cables. Anyhow I was thinking of mounting the signal-bolts on the rear sprocket. ( and yeah I have to remount them to a new sprocket if I ever want to change that. No probs. )

You could of course also use a Sigma BC700 (or similar) bike speedo with the pick-up at the front wheel like I have on my other bike but I must confess that I can't yet see that on the Busa. Sort of spoils the looks IMHO. With a "dashboard" like that you'd better not put some $10 bike speedo on it?

Has anyone found that their actually speed read too low? For those with corrected speed readings what does 215 mph work out to after the correction? Brian

Animal,
Just as I finished my post yesterday the postman arrived with my yellow box. Now I have to install it. What gear ratio are you using? I went down one in front and stayed standard with the back gear. If you are using the same set up, what setting are you using with the yellow box?

I'm not using the YellowBox yet as I'm doing many (small) mods at one time and haven't been riding my Busa for weeks and WILL not be riding my Busa for weeks to come (waiting on swingarm to come back from powdercoater in black is only 1 reason).
Have only done the wiring/welding already with no problems even though I despise doing wiring and I have a 17/44 sprocket setup so will be different from yours all else being equal.

Back