Bonding with your son.....

Warbrown -

Nice!!!
smile.gif

Was that a pellet or BB behind the left shoulder?

Now that is teaching your boy how to put food on the table!!!
biggrin.gif
Daisy Powerline 1000. (single shot 1000fps pellet) It does a great job when I'm in the subdivision and can't use my .22 or 17HMR for the small game stuff. My boy and I were target shooting, and he wanted to shoot a squirrel. I asked him why, and he said because it would be "cool". Time for a lesson ... I explained that we don't just shoot animals for sport unless we plan to eat them, so he thought that would be great. As it turns out, it was a great lesson in morality, biology, and cooking all wrapped up in one squirrel pelt. I have more photos here for anyone interested in squirrel anatomy.
laugh.gif
Link

You guys keep up the good work. War that squirrel pic will get the PETA people panties ina bunch !!
Yeah, I know. I agree we shouldn't torture or needlessly kill animals, but the extreme stances PETA takes don't sit well with me (i.e. fish have feelings too...) They'll never be satisfied until we are all vegans. Can't they find something better to do, like helping humans in need perhaps?

Yuck!  Warren...that's just wrong!  Ughhh...I'm skipping dinner...
wink.gif

Moms bond with sons too you know...

I really admire you guys doing things with your kids. They're precious.
My wife died of cancer in 2000. My youngest son committed suicide in 2003.
I treasure the time I spend with my son (Chris - 25 years old). He inherited my sons bike (Jesse) after he died. We go on bike runs together when they have them here and once in a while we'll cruise out to the lake.
Time is precious. Spend as much of it as you can with your family. You never know when your life will change.

I really admire you guys doing things with your kids. They're precious.
My wife died of cancer in 2000. My youngest son committed suicide in 2003.
I treasure the time I spend with my son (Chris - 25 years old). He inherited my sons bike (Jesse) after he died. We go on bike runs together when they have them here and once in a while we'll cruise out to the lake.
Time is precious. Spend as much of it as you can with your family. You never know when your life will change.
Sorry to hear about that. I don't know what I would do without my son. He's only 2 years old, and already I can't wait until I can take him out on a bike ride. For now, though, he loves playing with the toy trucks and motorcycles.

Let me see. Travel, bikes, cars, boats South Beach bars with 2 of my sons, talk and share a beer with all 3 sons. Go to the movies scheduling up coming Star Wars with my youngest. In general loving every minute i spend with the boys, they are great kids (young men) and have great out looks on life.

Lets see, bonding time with my boy. Thats consists of me changing his diaper and getting peed on. Feeding him and getting spit up on, and making funny faces till he laughs... I wouldnt have it any other way. But as soon as he can walk were going to be riding..
biggrin.gif
(Little bikes that is)

One of the things we do is fly custom kites. Cheap, and all day fun.

I coach Jr's football, baseball, basketball, and track teams. The only problem is that I think as the coach I end up creating space between us because Im always the bad guy so to speak. Most loved coach on the field, but the one that fusses the most. AND IF YOU EVER COACHED you know your kid always has more potential to do better than what he is showing.

I take him to work with me all the time. Pay him too.

One of the best things you can do is get him out their when your tinkering in the garage or in the kitchen cooking. Most kids like to "help" dad.

JD

kite.JPG

Here's what we do, he's not in this photo, but his is the gs1100 next to the good looking busa, in front of the power ranger and his busa.
smile.gif

100_0520small.jpg

Don't have a son, but I've got a dog.
Lets see bonding....

I throw a stick
tounge.gif

I don't have my owns yet...but have plenty of "adopted ones" that are like nieces (as my little princess Leyla in the above picture) and nephews!

Awww gotta love them...I can be having the worst day of my entire life and all it takes is a look at that sweet face to put a smile on my face!
biggrin.gif

IMG_0145.JPG

WAR - I gotta tell you. That is awesome. To have your son understand that lesson is really a great thing. And the grin he had eating the squirrel is fantastic! LOL!

My 8 yr. old son and I are hockey fanatics and he's a goalie on a local team that travels all over Ohio. I can't ice skate at all but I still work with him (just not on the ice). I also have a 13 yr. old daughter so bonding with her is a little different. But she loves to watch hockey and she enjoys playing softball with me. Being a parent is a hard job but also the most rewarding job there is. Whatever it is that you do with your kids, the time you spend with them will pay huge dividends in both the short and long term.

That is great! Missed out on all that when I was growing up. No children to make it up to yet!

Back