new underbelly

UNDRPSI

Donating Member
Registered
the metal under belly cowling is AWESOME... glad you guys showed it to me , so what is the deal with poeple complaining about the stress cracking?? are they made of  aluminum?? i am making them  laser cut out of polished or brushed stainless steel,and want to make sure i dont run into that problem, or also in black powder coat , mabey follow the line of the exhaust.

JP

<!--EDIT|UNDRPSI
Reason for Edit: None given...|1084927151 -->

As much as I appreciate you wanting to copy my wing (which is the most sincere form of flattery), The design and pattern is patent pending. I'm sure that you can do a great job of making one and out of stainless no doubt. But how about doing your own research and your own design and your own original thinking. Anyone with a laser where they work, can probably do this. I'm all for making a better mousetrap, But please make yours different from mine. That way you won't look like a copycatter stealing peoples ideas for a buck.

wow.gif

didnt mean to step on any toes.... we do a lot of stainless and laser cutting... i already made a simple part out of glass before i saw yours but it wouldnt hold up  ( cracked easy) so when the guys showed me yours .... i freaked out over it , its a sweet piece! what im talking about is TOTALLY different. it goes up the exhaust pipe...... im not copying it just working off my glass piece....the one you have is very nice but i wont have the  busa emblem in mine... itll be made of polished stainless solid .... like i said have an AWESOME part... but this stuff is just like audio or any other demanding part the person that does it first has to keep it going by changing it up now and then because others will ALWAYS come up with something close to it.....

sorry if i offended you .. i edited my post for you.

Joe

<!--EDIT|UNDRPSI
Reason for Edit: None given...|1084927202 -->

No offense taken as long as it's your own original thinking and it sounds like it is. Good luck and I hope to see it posted when you are finished.

Guy

i didnt get one with my bike and i made a glass piece 1month ago, but it cracked so i went back to thinking of a good way to make a sick piece from stainless...and finally figured out one that would work. btw you have a PM

Back