BMW 1000RR test Ride & Review

like this a lot...

bmw-s1000rr-carbon-edition-2.jpg

Yeah, great. The dill hole designer from BMW farts out another Frankenstein.

And they've forfitted their legend of tank-like build quality by making this bike. Join a forum, and just watch how many people post about issues their having. They'll come :)

Sorry, I reckon for all the power it's got, something will give the moment an average owner tweaks ANYTHING. I don't even think the stats are that impressive, or much of a surprise: here's a German manufacturer entering one of the most rigorous and meticulous markets with competition so close that the public say .02 seconds of track time difference means one bike has 'smoked' the other.

Of course they're going to build it with better stats the first time, but BMW ****s up in some significant way with almost every single model they've brought out, don't even get me started on parallel twins - I think BMW is a joke, and I'm not going to pay any more attention to their new bike because I already know how it's going to pan out.

BMW is making a mockery of biking, and a mockery of their owners.

End of rant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, great. The dill hole designer from BMW farts out another Frankenstein.

And they've forfitted their legend of tank-like build quality by making this bike. Join a forum, and just watch how many people post about issues their having. They'll come :)

Sorry, I reckon for all the power it's got, something will give the moment an average owner tweaks ANYTHING. I don't even think the stats are that impressive, or much of a surprise: here's a German manufacturer entering one of the most rigorous and meticulous markets with competition so close that the public say .02 seconds of track time difference means one bike has 'smoked' the other.

Of course they're going to build it with better stats the first time, but BMW ****s up in some significant way with almost every single model they've brought out, don't even get me started on parallel twins - I think BMW is a joke, and I'm not going to pay any more attention to their new bike because I already know how it's going to pan out.

BMW is making a mockery of biking, and a mockery of their owners.

End of rant.

Er, you ever actually OWNED a BMW, or just ranting cos you have nothing better to do?

I only ask because I've had two of them so far and they were both excellent machines...beautifully designed, beautifully made, and a joy to ride.

You seem angry. Did your mum maybe leave your dad for a beemer?

Last edited by a moderator:
beautiful bike hands down, i read cycleworlds review on it, and it really seems like BMW stepped up there game with this one...what do they run about again?

You seem angry. Did your mum maybe leave your dad for a beemer?

Not exactly, Dad insists on riding his R65. It keeps getting hit - obviously because it's so fugly and busted up. He's too old to have broken bones but he's too f**king stubborn to buy a bike from a company that makes bikes worth riding.

There's also this bloke down the road from me that drives way too fast down our cobble road in his beemer. I backed out of our driveway to let him out, and then he gave me a dirty look! And now, he always gives me a dirty look!!

On a serious note though, hype about BMW makes me rant because, as you know, I just don't get it :)

Not exactly, Dad insists on riding his R65. It keeps getting hit - obviously because it's so fugly and busted up. He's too old to have broken bones but he's too f**king stubborn to buy a bike from a company that makes bikes worth riding.

There's also this bloke down the road from me that drives way too fast down our cobble road in his beemer. I backed out of our driveway to let him out, and then he gave me a dirty look! And now, he always gives me a dirty look!!

On a serious note though, hype about BMW makes me rant because, as you know, I just don't get it :)

You don't get 196 hp? What do you get, exactly? :peoples:

You don't get 196 hp? What do you get, exactly? :peoples:

I don't get hype about figures that really aren't that much more impressive than the classes competitors.

Anyf**kingway, who took the jam out or your doughnut? Jesus, spot the BMW freak here...

blah blah blah...I don't get hype about figures that really aren't that much more impressive than the classes competitors.

Never owned a BMW in my life. Just find your rant (when it was legible) amusing.

You're right, these look totally similar. Really not impressive. Bone stock S1000RR on pump gas vs '09 GSX-R1000.

bmwvgsxr1k.jpg

Thats a cool bike. Im hearing a lot of buzz around the area about this bike at the strip. I hope to see one this year. I may have to get one now especially since fergie was on one in her video:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Back