VISITOR & The BMW 1000RR

UncleSteve

Gear good - roadrash bad
Donating Member
Registered
Racer V came to town (job related quick trip).
The weather was not to good but we managed to get a ride in.
Went by the BMW shop to check out the new 1000RR.
I can get a demo ride when the key shows up. BMW held the keys to all of them until the dealer show in Florida. What a deal... Probably a smart move. It looks very tempting. :thumbsup:

IMG_3328.jpg

IMG_3329.jpg

IMG_3330.jpg

IMG_3332.jpg

IMG_3335.jpg

I went and talked to my local BMW dealer about the S1000. Been getting emails every since. The key shows up on the 29th, test rides start after that.

They seem anxious to sell one. Only 3 pre orders here and with only 200 bucks holding 2 of them, not the 500 they originally asked for. No money on the 3rd. I was surprised that there were so few pre orders, at the IMS they were saying better put your $500 down now if you want one. :whistle:

you best master that Benelli first... :laugh:

demo ride? track? when??

I am going to demo ride it when he gets back from the dealer show. Plus he has three other demos he needs someone to ride. He has to have 2500miles on them before he can sell.
I offered my services to help him out.. :laugh:
He has an RT and two GS models needing miles put on them.
Just waiting for the weather to clear up.
Track demo will be in April or May. When we do the motorcycle safety awareness day at Hallett.
If you come down, I bet you can swing a few lap rides on one.

Last edited:
I went and talked to my local BMW dealer about the S1000. Been getting emails every since. The key shows up on the 29th, test rides start after that.

They seem anxious to sell one. Only 3 pre orders here and with only 200 bucks holding 2 of them, not the 500 they originally asked for. No money on the 3rd. I was surprised that there were so few pre orders, at the IMS they were saying better put your $500 down now if you want one. :whistle:

Our dealer has 6 presold. The way to buy... wait till the smoke clears. First place always costs more $$

Racer V came to town (job related quick trip).
The weather was not to good but we managed to get a ride in.
Went by the BMW shop to check out the new 1000RR.
I can get a demo ride when the key shows up. BMW held the keys to all of them until the dealer show in Florida. What a deal... Probably a smart move. It looks very tempting. :thumbsup:

OMG that 1000RR is nice looking! Such a sweet bike! I want one soooo badly, hopefully by end of 2010 :please:

Enjoy the demo and PLEASE be sure to post back up w/ a report.

that bike is why the busa is staying stock for now. maybe i can add one to the stable for when wifey doesn't want to go for a ride.

Our dealer has 6 presold. The way to buy... wait till the smoke clears. First place always costs more $$

I don't see the cost dropping. Maybe they will offer a special finance deal at some point to get them moving. I like the look of the Aprillia V4 better, but it's got tight ergos-high pegs. The BMW is the better value, waitin' to see if the Germans issue a recall within the first month of release.

The BMW sales guy told me the Aprillia was a "young mans bike". Implying I was too old for one? I thought the idea behind the S bike was to appeal to the younger demographic.

I can handle (I guess) that the sides aren't the same...since you only look
at one half at a time but...different halfs of the front...:wtf::puke::cookoo::stoopid:

Looks worse than the tail on the Gen II busa :whistle:

Whoever thought and approved that front end needs a good slap.

Other than that...the bike looks stelar. Would love to ride one.

The ones that they are getting in, do they have all the traction control
and bells and whistles or the basic ones?

The Beemer is going to do to the Japanese bikes what they have been doing for a long long time to their competition. This is going to be good for the bike world...a little shakeup...I think it is very very interesting that the BMW will not be racing this year. I can't think of one top 10 moto gp guy who will jump to this new platform...can you? So, even if they were campaigning it..who do you think they could get to place on the podium? The rumors are flying about Moto GP going back to liter bikes in 2012...I know "The Doctor" could win on a skateboard if that was the platform...but I can't help but think that going back to liter bikes will only help his campaign...:cheerleader:

I don't know guys...all of us would like to take it for a spin..if enough money were available who wouldn't want this 200 hp...full on race tech traction control under your butt? Wait a year and let them work out the bugs is my thought...The Aprilla is a better bike...uberbike...uber price...almost 2x the BMW..yikes...2hip

The Beemer is going to do to the Japanese bikes what they have been doing for a long long time to their competition. This is going to be good for the bike world...a little shakeup...I think it is very very interesting that the BMW will not be racing this year. I can't think of one top 10 moto gp guy who will jump to this new platform...can you? So, even if they were campaigning it..who do you think they could get to place on the podium? The rumors are flying about Moto GP going back to liter bikes in 2012...I know "Elbows" could win on a skateboard if that was the platform...but I can't help but think that going back to liter bikes will only help his campaign...:cheerleader:

I don't know guys...all of us would like to take it for a spin..if enough money were available who wouldn't want this 200 hp...full on race tech traction control under your butt? Wait a year and let them work out the bugs is my thought...The Aprilla is a better bike...uberbike...uber price...almost 2x the BMW..yikes...2hip

The 1000RR will indeed be raced again this year in the WSB series headed up by Troy Corser & Steve Martin. I don't think BMW ever had any plans to go into MotoGP. At least not anytime soon.

Sorry...I had make a correction to the rider you named above :poke:

:laugh:

not feeling the color of that 1 but would like to take it for a spin

I was thinking about it the other day, its abit like the Russian flag, Im not too keen on white bikes (except the GenII busas) still a very nice bike would love to get one.
thanks for the pics though, some stunning bikes in the back especially that Desmo :drooling3:

Back