Blown engine?

Sounds like you rattled the rings pretty good.
Six or seven back to back pulls was begging for detonation.

Time to park that puppy and pull it down IMO.
SHOCKED.gif

a 72 hp dry shot just adding fuel,your stock pump gave up long ago and while on the dyno you should have seen that
argue.gif
......a busa stock pump even if upped in the 100 % won't produce enough continued fuel for that kind of dry setup.You guys need to find some nitrous tuners...Did you go to a dyno after install or just stick it on and start spraying?the tuner if you did go to him should have had you upgrade your fuel system to spray that kind of spray...

(SLEEPERBUSA @ Aug. 23 2007,22:55) You'll be LUCKY if all you hurt were the rings!
STOP riding it.
+1! it's never good to push a hurt engine any further you may end up causing even more damage.

Have you pulled the plugs??? any flakes? electrode burnt? completely soaked with oil?

pulled the plugs last night, plugs are on the black side, one was wet, so i looked down the holes and one was full with oil, #2. the others were "damp" but nothing crazy. bike has been parked and disassembly will begin tonight. i dont want to lose any power without the nitrous, but i wanna spray safely, low compression pistons will hurt me when im not sprayin, but is there a happy medium to safely spray and still have the power without it?

(GoldenChild @ Aug. 24 2007,10:32) a 72 hp dry shot just adding fuel,your stock pump gave up long ago and while on the dyno you should have seen that  
argue.gif
......a busa stock pump even if upped in the 100 % won't produce enough continued fuel for that kind of dry setup.You guys need to find some nitrous tuners...Did you go to a dyno after install or just stick it on and start spraying?the tuner if you did go to him should have had you upgrade your fuel system to spray that kind of spray...
the bike was tuned for nitrous, i changed the jet the night before the shootout. it was tuned for a 40 shot, i found a jet that looked bigger and put it in, numbers were good but 72 shot dry, i knew i was pushing my luck, especially when i had greg run it about 6 times back to back, this time i am doin it right with the wet system and better pistons, and ill run it with the jets in it that it was tuned for!

(JIMMY @ Aug. 24 2007,15:01)
(GoldenChild @ Aug. 24 2007,10
zzwhip.gif
) a 72 hp dry shot just adding fuel,your stock pump gave up long ago and while on the dyno you should have seen that  
argue.gif
the bike was tuned for nitrous,  i changed the jet the night before the shootout.  it was tuned for a 40 shot,  i found a jet that looked bigger and put it in,  numbers were good but 72 shot dry,  i knew i was pushing my luck,  especially when i had greg run it about 6 times back to back,  this time i am doin it right with the wet system and better pistons,  and ill run it with the jets in it that it was tuned for!
I see,sorry that happened but nitrous with no fuel it has to eat something(rings & aluminum).There is a safe way to spray big shots of dry but you have to know what is going on...Buddies here are spraying 150 to 200 hp dry...

what piston are they using, stock bore low compression? im in the middle of breaking the top end down as we speak, looking for suggestions on what setup to put back in, keeping in mind i want to stay at least the same power i had NA which was 177 on regular fuel, but alo wanna get close or over 300 on the spray

just finihed pulling the head and jug, there appears to be no damage to the piston, rings, head, or jug, other than the oil, everything looks perfect, there was oil on top of the valves, but it was not leaking by them. it does look like the exhaust valves hit on all pistons at one point in time, but the piston in question has frexh marks on it but no marks on valves, wierd

im also lookin for a used block that i can send out as a core, mine only has 650 miles on it and i would rather keep this one incase i want to go back to stock bore.

(BA BUSA @ Aug. 18 2007,18:52)
(BA BUSA @ Aug. 18 2007,18:41)
(JIMMY @ Aug. 18 2007,18:37) yep,  bike seemed fine afterwards,  took it out this morning for the first time since then and smokin pretty bad,  people actually put their windows up when i pulled up to them at the light,  but it sounds fine and runs fine
You guys sure must have had some fun  
crazy.gif
you and DJ now have sick motors  
sad.gif
What I meant is you both have BROKEN motors...I heard that DJ's bike is way down on HP now  
sad.gif
For the record DJ's motor is not broken..it pulled the same numbers at the Coleman Powersports HP shootout two weeks before ours. Since your writing a story thought you might want the facts. His bike never pulled the 308 horsepower the builder claimed it did. Neither did the other 400 hp bike the same builder did. Thats a whole other story. More of his business so I will mind it. Others should follow suit.
argue.gif
unless you know more than reading forums.

sad.gif

(GPW @ Aug. 26 2007,18:01)
(JIMMY @ Aug. 18 2007,18:37) yep,  bike seemed fine afterwards,  took it out this morning for the first time since then and smokin pretty bad,  people actually put their windows up when i pulled up to them at the light,  but it sounds fine and runs fine
crazy.gif
sad.gif
What I meant is you both have BROKEN motors...I heard that DJ's bike is way down on HP now  
sad.gif
For the record DJ's motor is not broken..it pulled the same numbers at the Coleman Powersports HP shootout two weeks before ours. Since your writing a story thought you might want the facts. His bike never pulled the 308 horsepower the builder claimed it did. Neither did the other 400 hp bike the same builder did. Thats a whole other story. More of his business so I will mind it. Others should follow suit.  
argue.gif
Just heard that the DJ's bike was down on HP for some reason...whether it is a fuel, ignition, or a mechanical
problem...something is or was BROKEN.

Were you able to fix it?  

Also I did not read about it...was told by a reliable source that he didn't know if he was going to be able
to run it in the next event the way it was.

sad.gif

(BA BUSA @ Aug. 26 2007,18:15)
(GPW @ Aug. 26 2007,18:01)
crazy.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
argue.gif
Just heard that the DJ's bike was down on HP for some reason...whether it is a fuel, ignition, or a mechanical
problem...something is or was BROKEN.

Were you able to fix it?  

Also I did not read about it...was told by a reliable source that he didn't know if he was going to be able
to run it in the next event the way it was.
I have not even pulled the pastics yet. Planned to dig into it in the morning. Honestly someone else needs to ride that bike at the next event. Think that will solve serveral issues.

sad.gif

Some good reading.

Timing and Nitrous Oxide

Behind fuel mapping, timing is the most important area of Nitrous use to understand and follow. To get maximum power from a naturally aspirated or forced induction motor,you run the timing as high as detonation allows-you get max power there. By using better gas,you can put in more timing and get more power. Nitrous doesn't work that way. You must retard the timing when using Nitrous. Why? Because it pumps up cylinder pressure so much that detonation may occur,resulting usually in broken pistons and bent rods. You definitely don't want to do that!How to set timing:For every 20 hp in Nitrous you add to a motor,you must retard timing by 1-1/2 to 2 degrees in order not to damage parts. Since taking timing out when the bike is not using Nitrous hurts power,you can either move the timing maually every time,or buy an ignition system that is controlable from inside the car when you want to.

is the power commander ignition module capable of doing this using the pc hub with the different maps, or does the swith only change the fuel mapping?

(JIMMY @ Aug. 27 2007,08:25) is the power commander ignition module capable of doing this using the pc hub with the different maps,  or does the swith only change the fuel mapping?
Yes it can.....

Back