Blown engine?

JIMMY

Registered
I run a 72 shot dry, stock bottom end, 2 intake cam swap is the only motor work, and I entered a shootout last week, sprayed it about 6-7 times back to back and now i am blowing smoke out the exhaust, there is fresh oil in the muffler, guessing the rings are toast, but it starts right up, runs good and sounds good. probably not a good idea to keep riding it the way it is?

Are you adding fuel with a power commander? Taking any timing out? If not,you were asking for it.I dont care how much you spray.....if you dont add the fuel to go along with it,youre on borrowed time.

I bet if you were spraying it wet you'd still be good,I have a set of Carillo rods and MTC pistons for sale,the pistons have pins and rings.

running 114 sunoco fuel, adding fuel at 100 throttle throught the power commander, with the hub switching to a map for the spray, zex dry kit with the digital tps switch, how much for the pistons?Bore?new or used?

(JIMMY @ Aug. 19 2007,08:09) running 114 sunoco fuel, adding fuel at 100 throttle throught the power commander, with the hub switching to a map for the spray, zex dry kit with the digital tps switch, how much for the pistons?Bore?new or used?
All are brand new never installed,stock length rods and stock bore pistons.Hows $1200 shipped for the rods and pistons?

Pic

post_3_35082_IMG_0587.jpg

low compression pistons? send me the part numbers if you have them so i can do some research. still not sure which direction i want to go, but i have to do something

(JIMMY @ Aug. 18 2007,17:50) I run a 72 shot dry, stock bottom end,  2 intake cam swap is the only motor work, and I entered a shootout last week,  sprayed it about 6-7 times back to back and now i am blowing smoke out the exhaust,   there is fresh oil in the muffler,  guessing the rings are toast,  but it starts right up, runs good and sounds good.  probably not a good idea to keep riding it the way it is?
Was that the "HPC dyno shoot out"
rock.gif

yep, bike seemed fine afterwards, took it out this morning for the first time since then and smokin pretty bad, people actually put their windows up when i pulled up to them at the light, but it sounds fine and runs fine

(JIMMY @ Aug. 18 2007,18:37) yep,  bike seemed fine afterwards,  took it out this morning for the first time since then and smokin pretty bad,  people actually put their windows up when i pulled up to them at the light,  but it sounds fine and runs fine
You guys sure must have had some fun
crazy.gif
you and DJ now have sick motors
sad.gif

DJ ran first a pulled a 235, i have gotten 242 out of it, best up there i could get was a 232, kept trying to get those 3 more to catch him, but that didnt happen, it was a good time, wouldnt change a thing, now i have an excuse to build the hell out of it.

(BA BUSA @ Aug. 18 2007,18:41)
(JIMMY @ Aug. 18 2007,18:37) yep,  bike seemed fine afterwards,  took it out this morning for the first time since then and smokin pretty bad,  people actually put their windows up when i pulled up to them at the light,  but it sounds fine and runs fine
You guys sure must have had some fun  
crazy.gif
you and DJ now have sick motors  
sad.gif
What I meant is you both have BROKEN motors...I heard that DJ's bike is way down on HP now
sad.gif

sad.gif

Nitrousjunkie is THE MAN @ the .ORG
super.gif

If ya want the HP he is the one to talk to
all_coholic.gif

is it safe to ride the bike with it blowing all this smoke or will it eventually cause head, jug or piston damage, i am assuming that only the rings are wiped, hopefully

Back