anyone ever use this instant rich box

customrt99

Registered
anyone ever use this instant rich box? Im putting a dry kit on a stock bike and this sound pretty good at $50. thanks for any help.

Instant Rich Box $50.00

Click to enlarge
The purpose of this box is to open your injectors so they are spraying full open aslong as your nitrous silenoid is spraying nitrous. This allows you to spray a larger dry shot of nitrous while not having to richen up your power commander software so your bike will run smooth on and off the nitrous. Note: As with any nitrous kit, it is recommended to start out small and work your way up to prevent damage to your motor. Each fuel system is different than the next. The wiring instructions are located at http://xsvsports.com/manuals/wiring_diagram.pdf

I haven't seen that one before - but it looks like it does what the MPS box does - only 1/4 the money.

I didn't use a full rich box. I bought a powercommander hub and have two maps - one for spray and one for not.

(customrt99 @ Jan. 29 2007,10:48) anyone ever use this instant rich box?  Im putting a dry kit on a stock bike and this sound pretty good at $50. thanks for any help.

Instant Rich Box $50.00

Click to enlarge  
The purpose of this box is to open your injectors so they are spraying full open aslong as your nitrous silenoid is spraying nitrous. This allows you to spray a larger dry shot of nitrous while not having to richen up your power commander software so your bike will run smooth on and off the nitrous. Note: As with any nitrous kit, it is recommended to start out small and work your way up to prevent damage to your motor. Each fuel system is different than the next. The wiring instructions are located at http://xsvsports.com/manuals/wiring_diagram.pdf

Conrad makes this.....He started R&D on it @ a year ago.

From what I've heard it will lock injectors full rich....so to get good a/f ratio's you have to tune with N20 jet.

With a properly working fuel system,Starting with a#40 jet on Busa's would be safe.

Of course, read the disclaimer at bottom of page before doing any mods.......
flamethrowingsmiley.gif

I installed Conrad's box on my dryshot bike. Haven't run the nitrous yet, but so far so good. I arm the system, hit WOT and the bike bogs down, which is good. But...after some reading up, it seems that the ECU shuts off the injectors when they reach 100%. So my concern is that the box could just be turning the injectors instantly off by making them go instant 100%, which is VERY VERY BAD. Can anyone shed some light.

If your bike is a 02 up,and you max the injectors they will shut down.

I have a 05 and used a btc box (fancy version of what you have) Worked fine for a few years. Then this past spring when the motor was good and heat soaked it would shut the injectors off,read detonate. My guess is the injectors may have been a little dirty. I have a new set of injectors to put in,but i have lost all confidence in that setup.

Iwent to a usb and map switch.

What about using S2000 injectors? I guess the same outcome would result just a great amount of fuel being shut-off.

I have a set of those also....Decided not to use them.
You would not run out of injector. But if the bike is street ridden a lot (mine is) you would loose the crisp clean throttle response of the stock injectors,they are just to big.

What jet are you using ?

I'll be using a 40 shot jet, I can't remember the exact size. Tried out the system without nitrous again today, and the bike dies and FI code trips. What pisses me off is that I had to splice into my wiring harness to install the box, thankfully there's a wiring harness on ebay. I guess I'll screw the whole dry shot deal and go wet. What a waste of money and time, serves me right for not researching before starting the project.

As mentioned before, if you have a PCIIIusb, invest in the hub.

You can add fuel right to the map,and you are ready to spray.With a PC IIIR i would pull a degree of timeing out also.

But then it would run rich as all hell when not using nitrous. Seems like that would foul plugs faster than my old 2 stroke Caferacer.

Wrong...Think about it for a second,you are only going to add fuel in the 100 % column from say 7k up. Example,my 03 ZX12 .033 OR .034 jet i add 6 % from 8k up and pull 1 degree of timeing out. Runs like a champ on or off the bottle. For a time i was tuned even tighter then that,but it's just not worth the risk. My guess is you won't even feel the differance.Maybe a half a point richer on A/F ?

miwarob.....

you can trust chevelle.he knows what he is talking about
thumb_up.gif

i'm going to do the 2 map deal with the power commander usb i've got.

i was gonna do a wet kit but was talked into a dry shot buy my buddy and chevelle.

it was a smart move on my part.these guys have sprayed a lot of nitrous threw their bikes and they are still running
winkold.gif

just don't listen to him about keeping a busa stock wheel base
laugh.gif

Back