MPS mixture control

CYCLEERIC

Biker Man
Donating Member
Registered
Anybody got any experience with the MPS FI mixture control ? Im looking into installing a dry shot on a 1397 this winter and wonder if this is a good way to richen the map while spraying ? I dont really want to switch maps from a rich nitrous one back and forth with a leaner street map for everyday riding .

just keep in mind that if you max out the injector duty cycle on the 02-06 it will shut the injector off=no fuel
this is why no matter what you use a load control dyno and watching duty cycle is very important

the bike is a 03 12,pipe,pc3r,bmc filter,is this product something that i should avoid ?

the bike is a 03 12,pipe,pc3r,bmc filter,is this product something that i should avoid ?
i would not say avoid it. just be careful with it. best thing you can do right now is find out where your duty cycle is for the injectors when you are running your bike WOT right now. if you are running anywhere near 80% i would not run a dry nitrous kit anyways as you do not have enough saftey margin. it is highly doubtful that a near stock street busa will see thier injectors near max as they seem to do just fine for 1/2 bar turbo bikes. but it never hurts to check to see where you are at in the first place.

i myself would love to find a way to do it with the fuel pressure regualtor using some sort of 2 stage pressure regulator activated by a solenoid. doing it that way would keep the injectors working at a normal rate while increasing the amount of fuel. the big question is, will the stock injectors flow enough fuel at higher pressures to keep up with the demand of larger shots of nitrous and if so where is the cutoff point.

MOST FUEL PUMPS WITH THE MPS BOX RUN OUT UP TOP AT ABOUT A 50-60 SHOT MOST TIMES ON THE MPS BOX WITH A STOCK PUMP,AND STILL HAE A SAFETY MARGIN.

Back