spraying a 1507

bigbusabigbusa

Registered
i have a 1507. im running 14 to 1 compression . 395 intake and 373 exhaust cams. carillo rods je pistons tool steel wrist pins,high volume and pressure oil pump,ape heavy duty head studs.ape heavy valve springs 65# i think. the head has had a mild clean up. my questions are is it ok to run nitrous on this setup and if so should it be wet or dry and how much can it safely spray. i ride this bike daily and sometimes play at the strip. also is there anything else i need to add to my bike. i run a pcv but plan on having it done thru ecu editor. thank you

I hit my 1535 (3 x 6.25) with a 140 (4 x 32 jets) dry shot (Adam's Spray Bar) and ran good for 2 seasons. I didn't street ride the setup though.

i have a 1507. im running 14 to 1 compression . 395 intake and 373 exhaust cams. carillo rods je pistons tool steel wrist pins,high volume and pressure oil pump,ape heavy duty head studs.ape heavy valve springs 65# i think. the head has had a mild clean up. my questions are is it ok to run nitrous on this setup and if so should it be wet or dry and how much can it safely spray. i ride this bike daily and sometimes play at the strip. also is there anything else i need to add to my bike. i run a pcv but plan on having it done thru ecu editor. thank you

Talk to Guy at Tiger racing . He's a sponcer with a 400hp nitro bike .

what is done to the fuel system?
are the pistons a standard 1397 style piston, or a nitrous piston?
how do you plan to control the nitrous application?

the pistons are not nitrous pistons. depending on what was safe to run would depend on how i aaplied it. say if i could only run a 40 shot safely then it would be one hit. if i can put say a 100 shot on it then i would deff go with a progressive setup.the fuel system has not been upgraded but plan on either running s2000 injectors if dry shot or external fuel pump if its a wet shot. thank you

just keep this in mind, there is no room for error with nitrous. if you want a still semi reliable street bike, s2000s, modded fuel pressure reg, and the 40 dry shot and a damn good tune up, go have fun.

other option,

s2000s big fuel pump, good regulator, 100+ shot on some q16 with a nms1000 and see just how fast it'll go.
i would still run the big hit dry. it simplifies things. and if your going to EE, have your ms map be your nitrous map.

i would not squeeze a drop through it on pump fuel tho.

Make sure your fuel system is upgraded. A 1507 will push a stock fuel system to its limits. You can spray a 40 shot with no problem. I would use a progressive even with the 40shot. dont forget all the small stuff.....good tire, shock setup, good gas, and make sure you tune it to spray

Back