Spraying big shots

fadiizzaldin

Registered
Hi to all...

what mods i need to do for the engine to spray 75 or 100 HP (wet) with sustainable reliably... i'm already spraying 30HP dry and loooovin' it :cheerleader:,,, i have a 2008 Gen II with Akrapovic full system and PCV.

I plan to do head job and 1441 kit by Carpenter's racing to go along with the NOS.

Many thanks to all

with the 1441 kit you should be good for 75 . If you are going to go more you migt want to do your bottom end . Talk to Goldenchild or Guy at Tiger racing. they know alot about NOS set ups

talk to frank @ powerhouse and schnitz racing as well :beerchug:

the schnitz/htp bike has the n2o 1/4 mile record and guy at tiger racing has the lsr record. frank works with carpenter and can get you good prices on their work.

Some say adding a Gen 1 block helps.... is that true?

every builder ive talked to says to spend the little extra and get the block, if your gen2 block makes it you couldve saved a little, but if it doesnt youll be doing the build over and spending the money and time again. ive never heard of anyone recommending sticking to the gen2 block esp when n2o is factored in.

talk to this guy too gixx1300R. his spraybar systems are the best out imho. :whistle:

every builder ive talked to says to spend the little extra and get the block, if your gen2 block makes it you couldve saved a little, but if it doesnt youll be doing the build over and spending the money and time again. ive never heard of anyone recommending sticking to the gen2 block esp when n2o is factored in.

talk to this guy too gixx1300R. his spraybar systems are the best out imho. :whistle:

Will do.... thanks for the info :thumbsup:

Some say adding a Gen 1 block helps.... is that true?

Unless you want you block cracked like these, get a Gen 1 block.

IMG_0845.jpg

IMG_0841.jpg

IMG_0840.jpg

kinda glad i have a gen 1 now... well, and they're sexier than the 2.

What's different in the gen1 block? I thought the only engine changes for gen2 was a 2mm stroke and the valves.

i'd heard the block being different mentioned before, but hadn't paid much attention. what's different about it?

imo, since your going to be spraying up to and maybe over 100 shot, i would stick with std bore that way you dont have to worry bout changing to gen1 block. of course the valves and springs will have to be upgraded. after good valves, springs, pistons, and maybe rods for insurance you can spray the house down. i did more your wanting to on std gen2 block for over 2 seasons now.

If you plan on spraying more than 100hp (4ea. 26jets) , then I would invest in some rods. Your stock head will flow the necessary air so head work isn't really needed. I would however install an intake cam in the exhaust side (use 2 intake cams) and install adjustable cam sprockets from APE. Then get yourself a manual cam chain tensioner and dump the stock one. Either tune your ECU or install a Power Commander for extra fuel with an A/F of about 11 to 11.5 Then only use C-16 for your tune up (123octane) . I personally would use an MPS Spyder spray bar unit from MPS Racing, but that's just a personal thing. Modify your air box, adjust your cams 104/106, take out about 12 degrees of timing. That should give you a safe lethargic place to start your tune up. Remember, go fast fat and live to race another day. You may need to up your fuel pressure to get the needed fuel from your stock injectors. Now that you want to play with the big jets, be prepared to start burning things up. It's just part of the game with big nitrous jets.
When I started playing above 100hp jetting, burning up motors was becoming an annual event. I burned up 7 motors in 4 years to get a good 200 HP tuneup that would hold for an entire mile. That's 18 seconds of nitrous and if you don't think that's a long time, look at your watch start hissing for 18 seconds.
You may also want to invest in progressive controller to sat with a smaller hit upon starting your nitrous. A 100 HP tuneup hit all at the sometime is quite a shock to a motor.

If you plan on spraying more than 100hp (4ea. 26jets) , then I would invest in some rods. Your stock head will flow the necessary air so head work isn't really needed. I would however install an intake cam in the exhaust side (use 2 intake cams) and install adjustable cam sprockets from APE. Then get yourself a manual cam chain tensioner and dump the stock one. Either tune your ECU or install a Power Commander for extra fuel with an A/F of about 11 to 11.5 Then only use C-16 for your tune up (123octane) . I personally would use an MPS Spyder spray bar unit from MPS Racing, but that's just a personal thing. Modify your air box, adjust your cams 104/106, take out about 12 degrees of timing. That should give you a safe lethargic place to start your tune up. Remember, go fast fat and live to race another day. You may need to up your fuel pressure to get the needed fuel from your stock injectors. Now that you want to play with the big jets, be prepared to start burning things up. It's just part of the game with big nitrous jets.
When I started playing above 100hp jetting, burning up motors was becoming an annual event. I burned up 7 motors in 4 years to get a good 200 HP tuneup that would hold for an entire mile. That's 18 seconds of nitrous and if you don't think that's a long time, look at your watch start hissing for 18 seconds.
You may also want to invest in progressive controller to sat with a smaller hit upon starting your nitrous. A 100 HP tuneup hit all at the sometime is quite a shock to a motor.

Thanks for the useful info... i dont plan to cross the 100 HP and to be quite honest now i'm thinking of going to a 75 HP or 60 HP shot.... now i have a WON wet setup and the ECU NOS harness as a controller... will i still need to do all of that for a 75 HP or even a 60 HP shot?

Well this past weekend i was spraying a 100hp using the ecu editor. Worked wonderfully. I pulled a 210mph out. All stock internal parts. Only thing i did do was put a different fuel pump on the bike. Im planning on adding another 50 to it next month. We will see what happens. :laugh:

Hi to all...

what mods i need to do for the engine to spray 75 or 100 HP (wet) with sustainable reliably... i'm already spraying 30HP dry and loooovin' it :cheerleader:,,, i have a 2008 Gen II with Akrapovic full system and PCV.

I plan to do head job and 1441 kit by Carpenter's racing to go along with the NOS.

Many thanks to all

Back