1507 cams

bigbusabigbusa

Registered
im building a 1507 carillo rods high pressure oil gear roller cam chain everything you need to do it right. my question is this my builders likes 378 web intake cam and i believe it is a 330 exhaust cam. he said he likes this combination and i obviously trust him or i wouldnt spend all this money and trust him to build it. do you guys like this cam combo or would you suggest something bigger.

You should also be doing a head with this motor. If so, use the shorter guides or our retainers and run the 395s.

Its funny that its you that responded to thid question cause I think you are the reason I'm asking this question. My builder said that you want me to run diff cams then the ones he is telling me to run. Are you familiar with thid build
. You should have recieved this order about two weeks ago. You are also doing my 5 mm crank. Order would have been from lansing mi by a guy named joe
Posted via Mobile Device

Are you going to run through stock appearing mufflers or something for the sleeper effect ? Whats the intended use of this bike ?

It does need more cam, even without headport.

I have brocks alien head full exhaust. The intent of the bike is just to have fun on I like to play around at the track and I also want to blow away all my riding buddies that most of them ride 08 busas and 1000s with head and cam packages. So if I dont have the head ported and polished this year what size cams would you suggest on my stock head. Thank you
Posted via Mobile Device

If you just want to have fun on the street, why not just build a 1397. that 1507 is useless without headwork.

Depends on the application,never underestimate
The joy of strong bottom end grunt.for sure
You can put .400+ cams in a 1507 and
Make great grunt up over 5000,but to
Me i kept 395/378 in mine and it pulls
Good from 2500 and peak power is at
10700 at 230+hp on pump.At stock
Length above 7k it feels ridiculous
But from 2500-6000 its a very enjoyable
Streetbike.

How is the bearing life on the 5mm crank? I just sold my 1507 kit with a Carpenter head and decided to keep my turbo because the builders that I talked too all claim strokers don't last on the street.

If done right strokers can live a long life on the street. I even had my 1585 that lived fine on the streets.
How is the bearing life on the 5mm crank? I just sold my 1507 kit with a Carpenter head and decided to keep my turbo because the builders that I talked too all claim strokers don't last on the street.

to keep things sorta tame on the streets I over geared it. 18/40 sprockets. The engine had enough grunt to pull the gears no problem. You still had to be easy/light on the throttle in the lower gears. I had that engine for 4 years. No issues at all. When I finally puleld it apart the bearings were still in good shape. There were some cam buckets that were worn but that not related to engine size but cam and springs.
My 1623 looked fine after two years of use.
Thats a bigun..LOL! I think im gonna do a mild street 1535 next.How was/is that BEAST on tha streets commuta Busa?

A lot of issues with strokers have to do with the wrist pin mover up into the ring landings so that shortens the life of the walls.I know its that way with the strokers I have built for car engines.I wouldnt think the crank bearings would wear but I havent built any bike motors.

a little shorter than stock rods and the spacer help keep the pin height at a good height. :thumbsup:
A lot of issues with strokers have to do with the wrist pin mover up into the ring landings so that shortens the life of the walls.I know its that way with the strokers I have built for car engines.I wouldnt think the crank bearings would wear but I havent built any bike motors.

to keep things sorta tame on the streets I over geared it. 18/40 sprockets. The engine had enough grunt to pull the gears no problem. You still had to be easy/light on the throttle in the lower gears. I had that engine for 4 years. No issues at all. When I finally puleld it apart the bearings were still in good shape. There were some cam buckets that were worn but that not related to engine size but cam and springs.

If u dont mind me askin......Who built those monsters?.:super:

What compression on those strokers ? I`ve trashed a lot of bearings on strokers, using 13.7-14.6 comp, maybe something else.

See this is the same thing I've been wanting to do. Build a big stroker motor, lots of torque. And not be super aggressive in cam and compression..

I'm 260lbs so the torque will definitely help me get up outta the hole, and then with the forged internals if I want to spray it I can.

10-4 :thumbsup:

Back