1507 stroker motor

lrebusa19

Registered
So I am contemplating building a big motor for my bike. Let me preface this by saying I build cars, and engines for a living.. That being said, I know how different bikes are after messing with mine for a little bit here..

My question is this, what I am thinking is. I want to build a big motor, that makes gobs of torque but isn't super aggressive where I can't ride it daily. I build a lot of 540" big block chevy street engines with this same thought process, mild cams, mild compression but lots of cubes..

Am I crazy to think a 1500cc motor with intake cam's or something a little more stout would be reliable enough on the street, and to still go to the track and blast off a nice easy low 9 or maybe even high 8 second run?

I say do it! my daily driver is getting a 496 BBC next week and planning to build a 632 BBC sometime within the next year. My nieighbor rides his ZX-14 on the street all the time, his is punched out to 1650 CC

I say do it! my daily driver is getting a 496 BBC next week and planning to build a 632 BBC sometime within the next year. My nieighbor rides his ZX-14 on the street all the time, his is punched out to 1650 CC

Well look me up, I can make that happen!

id run gen2 style rods and pistons,gen2 cams and valves,small port head and stock length carillos
and cp,s for about 12.5-13:1 comp.106/108 dial in,small airbox mod and mixed stacks,tiforce gen2 pipe
or a brocks street meg or an akropovic system for about 215-220hp on a 1507,balance everything and pull a trailer with it because you,ll love it to bits,stock bearing clearances on the mains 1.8thou on the rods,stock oil pump gear for ungrooved crank or possibly a high volume gear with a gen2 style grooved crank.

Back