Motor Build

JIMMY

Registered
I finally figured out why my engine was smoking real bad after the HPC shootout spraying a 70 shot dry about 6 times back to back. one of the rings somehow became stuck in the ring groove. i am guessing from the extreme heat, it wasnt the top ring, sso its not from hitting the valves and squishing the piston down. So i ordered smoe new parts to put things back together, MTC tall deck stock bore with .060 spacer, ape head studs, nuts, cam chain tensioner, titanium retainers, and their heavy duty valve springs. also went with a high pressure oil pump gear, tool steel wrist pins, and a dyno jet ignition module. planning on spraying the hell out of it, just need to upgrade my zex dry kit to a wet system, hopefully she will be running sometime this week once i get my cams back from yoshimura!
muscle.gif

That sucks, but glad you figured it out before something really bad happened..........

i couldnt figure it out, everything looked good to me when i removed the block, a friend of mine came over and noticed the one ring did not want to move, i hated not know why the bike was blowing oil, so at least i know why,

Back