Black Widow 4-1 full system. Pics.

clean

Registered
Hey Fellers,

The Black widow exhaust showed up (only took a week from the UK, even with covid going on......good job fedex!)

Initial impressions are good - Nice fit and welds clean. Total system weight is 14.96 lbs vs the stock 48.11 lbs for a total weight savings of 33.15 lbs. Goodbye potato launchers!

Flashed it up first with the baffle in - Dramatically better sound then stock but not overbearing. removed the baffle and now she really screams.

At this point I'm pretty impressed for the money ($480 USD shipped).

I noticed that when the baffle is removed the bike will idle surge slightly. with the baffle removed you can tell how unrestricted the exhaust is. There is a lot of exhaust gas pressure coming out of the pipe with the baffle removed. I'm assuming the bike should be tuned before I remove the baffle due to being too lean? the ECU has never been flashed and no power commander - any advice on that would be great.

I removed the sticker on the silencer - will replace with a Brocks sticker, and probably feel just as cool :p

hope this helps anyone in the market for a budget friendly gen 2 exhaust.

@Dopey @Hayabusa Wannabe @ottafish @Dai. @Slowstang305

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

A few threads on this site addressing the Dyno/Lean/Rich/FullExhaust debate.
c10 comes to mind ... but too lazy to do that research tonight. If no one's posted the links by tomorrow morning I'll dig 'em up and post here. @clean that's a gen 2? Nevermind, it says so in your last post

A few threads on this site addressing the Dyno/Lean/Rich/FullExhaust debate.
c10 comes to mind ... but too lazy to do that research tonight. If no one's posted the links by tomorrow morning I'll dig 'em up and post here. @clean that's a gen 2? Nevermind, it says so in your last post

Thanks @HayaWakened

I guess I should have asked would I be doing any damage running the exhaust full open with no baffle without a tune? @c10 already said ill be ok, but this idle surge has me tweaking a little :crazy::p. I don't know if he experienced the idle surge before his bike was tuned.

Looks awesome. (sometimes I wish I went single instead of double) Glad you are happy with it.. As for the tune, I had mine done only because I did filter at the same time. It made a massive difference for ride ability.

Looks good.

You ran the bike with the stock exhaust, did it surge then? If not, the exhaust might need to be tuned to the bike but this isn't normally required.

Why would you put a Brocks decal on it......….it is what it is and personally I wouldn't advertise it as something else-but that's just me I guess...

Looks good.

You ran the bike with the stock exhaust, did it surge then? If not, the exhaust might need to be tuned to the bike but this isn't normally required.

Why would you put a Brocks decal on it......….it is what it is and personally I wouldn't advertise it as something else-but that's just me I guess...

@Yellow09 nah was just playin' with the brocks sticker thing (I wouldn't actually do that) but do prefer the look without the black widow decal on the silencer myself. Little cleaner and less cheesy.

No surge with the stock exhaust, and only surge with this exhaust when the baffle is removed.

@Yellow09 nah was just playin' with the brocks sticker thing (I wouldn't actually do that) but do prefer the look without the black widow decal on the silencer myself. Little cleaner and less cheesy.

No surge with the stock exhaust, and only surge with this exhaust when the baffle is removed.
Could it be that you're only able to hear it when the baffle is out?

Could it be that you're only able to hear it when the baffle is out?

No its definitely only when the baffle is removed, but something just dawned on me - perhaps having no air box/filter or pair valve connected has something to do with it :drool: lol.

DHL is supposed to be showing up today with the block off plates and connector with resistor to fool the ECU its still there.

will report back after everything is buttoned up.

uh, yeah, no airbox, filter or pair valve would definitely cause a surge, I'm surprised it ran at all...

@Yellow09 @Mr Brown

Here is the surge I'm referring to. Is this what they refer to as a " lean surge" ?

again when the baffle is in - surge 100% gone.

would disabling the o2 richen the closed loop portion of the map to correct this? I notice in @HayaWakened video above there was no o2 installed, and no surge. I also seen in c10's muzzy Ti exhaust video his bike did the exact same thing as mine, but only for a very short duration, mine does it continuously. - his o2 was plugged off and disabled in ECU.

his video here - surge can be heard @ 1:15 just like mine

Mine surges slightly and have the O2 delete, the previous owner said the Bazzaz map causes it to surge slightly..I live with it as it doesn't affect how the bike runs at all...now if it was surging at speed, I'd be checking into it harder...

@clean Yeah mine does that every start below a certain temp, certainly when the bike is stone cold, but even when it's been ridden - if I pull over for (like) as long as it takes to buy something inside a convenience store, that's how the bike sounds for maybe 5 - 15 seconds before evening out. At a station for more fuel? No, not that short of a stop, but nearly anything longer than that. Yes, it's been doing it since I swapped out OEM header for 4-2-1.

And it didn't do it in that vid cuz the bike was warm enough. Or so I thought until this thread, so one of these days I'll pull the can off and start her cold and if something different happens I'll report back on this thread

I've never worried about it
Maybe I should

@clean Yeah mine does that every start below a certain temp, certainly when the bike is stone cold, but even when it's been ridden - if I pull over for (like) as long as it takes to buy something inside a convenience store, that's how the bike sounds for maybe 5 - 15 seconds before evening out. At a station for more fuel? No, not that short of a stop, but nearly anything longer than that. Yes, it's been doing it since I swapped out OEM header for 4-2-1.

And it didn't do it in that vid cuz the bike was warm enough. Or so I thought until this thread, so one of these days I'll pull the can off and start her cold and if something different happens I'll report back on this thread

I've never worried about it
Maybe I should

Do you still have the O2 enabled? ecu flashed? did you play with your AFR tables at all?

@clean
Current exhaust has no bung. O2 sensor was disabled in the ECU when it was flashed by an ex-sponsor of this site @POWERHOUSE . Just a basic flash, didn't mess with the AFR. Personally, I don't have the equip to capture current AFR levels and would want that before I got into the tables myself. I haven't even deleted the AIS yet, which influences the AFR numbers. Had planned to buy a dyno/ECU/AFR tune this month but COVID has postponed that indefinitely ... sadly. Not too worried about that cuz

1) the '14 Gen 2's tend to run rich from factory (that info from member c10 who owns the same year and had his dynoed and reported a rich state. There's a thread on here about that dyno report);
2) I don't race the bike. My shift light is set at 8500 and I've blinked it maybe twice in the past 6 months. (You're right, I should blink more)

But I'll still get it tuned cuz it optimizes the bike's performance. An AFR tune might give me another 5 hp, but honestly the 170-ish it's probably producing now is already enough ... for my riding style.

Back