DEVIL EXHAUST k8 SURVEY

satellit

Registered
Hello

I represent the company DEVIL Exhaust. I've seen that a picture of our new exhaust model Hayabusa 2008. we are very surprised of your reactivity, and would like to get your first opinion and feed back. We want to fit the american customer's needs the best and your opinion is very important to us.

It's a double Canister Carbon mat, with EU homologation due to removable baffle
in free use (baffle removed) the power gain is about 4 HP = total 202HP (dyno available soon)
price should be about 895.60 USD
parts available on March 2008

please could you give your opinion about :
- design
- quality perception

alternative you would buy:
- stainless steel shiny sleeve?
- 4 in 1 full system? if yes what what price were you ready to spend for?

Thank you for your help.[/B]  
hello.gif

Suzuki_201340_20Hayabusa_202008_20Web.jpg

What about a high mount??? Anyone seen one yet? I had a High Mount Devin Exhaust on my ZX636. Great quality product.

thank you for your answers:

Stevek8: thank you for your comments. Stickers are removable and if done with care you can get a very plain design, just dark carbon. Very smart. However as every brand we have to sign our material. Material will be available in the UK also, but prices are in Euros and you would have to order it to your parts dealer. Please check www.devil.fr to get more about it.

Boriqua_n_co: Txs for your comments too. High mount on this bike model is not on program, there is no place to put up the silencer, because of fixed foot pads. Moreover we do believe (after visual tests) that high mount would really make heavy visual on rear part of the bike. Does a 4 in one would more fit your design tastes?

Sewman: txs for your comment. DEVIL name has no link with Hell, it comes from M Paul DEVILLE the creator of our Brand. In the late 70's he decided to make our brand name shorter, and we became "DEVIL".

I think it's great that you come to forums to get feedback on your product. Just be prepared to take a verbal beating now and then as some people just can't seem to give good positive constuctive criticism.

As far a dual sided slip-ons are concerned. What I personally would look for is price, weight savings, sound, then quality (in that order).

For full systems: power, weight savings, quality, price. Also designing for an easy oil filter removal is important.

Good luck
beerchug.gif

I think it is a nice looking pipe. Is that price for a full system or slip-on? My persoal preferance is a 4 into 1. But you will find quite a few people that like the duals instead.

At that price you are nearing the Akro price. As we all know they are simply the best money can buy.

Just trying to get all the onfo possible.
thumb_up.gif

Yes thanks for asking owners what they want.

Couple observations

The metal pipe looks to stick out of the rear polymer tip of the exhaust. Doesn't look like a clean fit and finish from what I can tell.

I hate exhaust springs, anyway around that?

Thanks again for asking for input.  
beerchug.gif

I ran a Devil half system on a Honda CBR954 years ago. Fit, finish, and sound was excellent - only complaint I had was as someone mentioned earlier, the Devil emblem was too big IMHO.

Nice looking setup. As others have noted the logo is a bit overpowering but the system is pretty clean looking otherwise. Price will likely be the main issue with me when it's time to upgrade.

I think it's great that you come to forums to get feedback on your product. Just be prepared to take a verbal beating now and then as some people just can't seem to give good positive constructive criticism.
I will echo what bquinn has mentioned above. But I THANK YOU for making the inquiry directly to us!

Just based upon looks alone, I would say these Devil canisters would be my #1 choice today, if they were available.
cool.gif

My K8 has that exact same black/gray color scheme, and a set of dark canisters is *exactly* what I am looking for. The decal, however, is massively too huge; if they were NOT removable, that would indeed swing my decision against purchasing these pipes. If they were smaller and not so glaringly obtrusive, I would leave them on... but not at their current size. I am not turning my Busa into a rolling billboard sign. You are already "branding" the pipes with the small "Devil" decal on the end-cap, which is a perfect size. *That*, I would leave alone.

Dobieman's point is well-taken with regard to the actual pipe outlet. If that could be coated a matte black or otherwise plated in a dark color, that would go a long what towards cleaning up the rear of the pipe. Making the end-cap such that the pipe is an actual conical outlet would be even better, although I assume this would likely drive costs up, which is of course, undesirable.

As far as a "shiny steel" sleeve, forget it. I am after stealth and darkness, not some gaudy, blingy "look at me, look at me" pipes. I am already riding the fastest production bike on the planet here, so I already have everyone looking at it as I ride by. Including the Law Enforcement community... so the less attention I draw to myself, the better. Towards that end, I do NOT want loud-ass, obtrusive noise... with the baffles in, I really would like them no louder then the 92dB-95dB range.

The above having been said, a slightly darker, brushed titanium sleeve might be an option. Indeed, one of my concerns about the carbon-fiber sleeve is heat damage over time. The bike isn't going to live on a dyno or on the racetrack, but it will still get damn hot. I live in the High Desert in the American West, and riding in temps above 38 degrees Celsius is not uncommon in the summer months.

One final issue for your consideration:

The end-cap appears to be retained in place by typical rivets. Please consider utilizing stainless-steel socket-head bolts in their place. This allows for ease of periodic repacking. A good segment of the Busa community actually got the bike to ride, vice "posing" or otherwise turning it into a show-bike. Having to periodically take a drill to the canisters for a re-packing exercise is a total bummer.

With regard to a full system, this would be a sweet development project. Weight savings would need to be significant to justify the cost outlay. Along with, of course, affording a fairly noteworthy power gain. The bike already makes some serious enough power for street riding purposes, so the weight savings would be a something I would look at pretty hard. I would be willing to $1500.00 or so for such a system.

I have a few other ideas for your consideration.... send me a private message if you are interested in hearing them.

Thanks for stopping by!
thumb_up.gif

thanks for considering us in your plans. i wish more companies would, they and us would be better off.

i think the comment about the "name" devil was for religious reasons.

the red "rocket" logo looks kinda cartoonish, maybe if it was in silver...or black with a silver outline...mannn i should be chargin' for this [HA].

i think i paid around 1000 for my Micron 4-1 system.

maybe a GP style since thats where bikes seem to be heading [centralized mass]. ooohhh....a carbon GP style..mannnnn!

if you guys are looking for custom paint on your show bike to show off your wares let me know i paint. check out my site link below.

welcome to hayabusa.org

guys read that well :

I am French, as you owe the knowledge...

in France, this exhaust will be available in March 2008, like says it SATELLIT!, ok !

the price in France will be 1071 euros ! 1544 US $ and there I see that satellit will propose it in the USA has 895 US $ 620 euros
banghead.gif

I do not understand how in France, I pay it almost 2 times more expensive !!!
banghead.gif
banghead.gif
banghead.gif

French, is really null trade about it !!! I have shame !!!!

if you can give me explanations they would be sympathetic SATELLIT
all_coholic.gif

banghead.gif

banghead.gif

banghead.gif

I do not understand how in France, I pay it almost 2 times more expensive !!!
banghead.gif
banghead.gif
banghead.gif
Perhaps this is the price one pays to have the, uh, privilege
rock.gif
of living in France.

laugh.gif
just kidding, full....
winkold.gif

You should start a new thread to ask this question, else this Devil thread will be
hijack.gif
into some mind-numbing political morass.

banghead.gif

banghead.gif

At that price you are nearing the Akro price. As we all know they are simply the best money can buy.
I guess that could be your opinion.. maybe top 3 contender IMHO
smile.gif

The name badge conjours visions of the "dirt devil" to me.

For the US market, I think a name change might be a good idea.. MPauls, Deville

I am guessing that the triangular shape is just in keeping with the OE cans?

Price/Quality/tone for me

Dirt devil with the logo was the first thing that came to mind, please , no offense meant. The logo could be smaller and as a plaque rather than a sticker. The pipes are a tad large, compared to the yoshi r-22's, IMHO, I do not have the specs on either. The quieter the better, the 22s are slightly warmer in volume than that of stock, how do these compare. Stealth, as mentioned before, is imperative to me, as well as a few others here. I draw enough attention. Get rid of the chrome straps, go w/ black chrome if needed, they stand out too mich. Baffle needs to be able to be removed with wrench's. I love the tri oval shape, the color (colour)as well as the product overall. Thank you for targeting your market and asking our opinions.

1130071813.jpg

Back