Akrapovic 4-2-1 Full System.

I was wanting an exhaust for my 09 that lost the heavy OEM system, looked good, and wasnt loud that also made good power. At first I was sold on the Yoshimura system, after talking with many busa fanatics and some people from here they told me about the Akrapovic system. I decided on the Akrapovic system after reading and reading about it online and seeing the dyno charts.
I havent had the bike dyno tuned yet with the ECU editor. So basically I am riding a stock bike with the stock ECU and no PC. I just got done riding 200 miles today. The fuel mileage stayed right around 39 MPG (this is with a GPS calibrated speedo)
So here is my impression so far.
1) Tone= Quiter then I expected. I havent removed the noise reducer cap yet.
2) Appearance= Very high qaulity, great welds, beautiful finish and fits very nicely.
3) Weight= I can feel the difference in the bike in the cornering and also accleration bike just feels more balanced now.
4) Last but least. Power curve. As I stated I havent had it tuned yet nor am I running any type of PC system. It idles smooth, it may have lost a little low end torque around the 1000-3000 range nothing real noticable. Around 5000 she really begins to come alive and pulls harder then with the OEM system, she begins to lift around 5500 and carries it through into 2nd gear dropping the tire at around 110-115:thumbsup:

I really like this exhaust system and honestly I dont see myself on the dynoi getting it tuned yet. Didnt loose any MPG, its smooth throughout the RPM range, and the engine temp stayed dead on where it always stays.

Thanks again for all the advice from those that gave there suggestion for the Akrapovic.:bowdown:

1494g15.jpg

Good looking exhaust. If you want to squeeze out every bit of HP, go with a tune.

You will actually get a little bit better gas mileage after the tune. GenII busas have some fat spots when you install a full exhaust. If you think it's smooth now just wait until you get it tuned! Great looking exhaust :beerchug:

I just installed my Brock's short meg. Did have a frull Yoshi TRC. Had the bike tuned with the TRC and still have that map on it. Really have some hesitation in certain RPMs and can really tell that she breathing like a sprinter after the swap! So.. back to the tuner! lol. Good thing to do though.

If you do get it tuned, be sure to let us know if you feel the difference. I suspect it'll be one of those things where everything seems fine until you get it done, but once you do you'll wish you'd got it done sooner.

Who did you buy the exhaust system from?? I am considering a 4-2-1-2 system since I like the look of the dual exhaust. Thanks!

You've got the best exhaust (at least in my opinion) i tried most of the top end exhausts and the Akra has the best combination of power, sound, looks and weight.... get it tuned and enjoy the Mid-range :):thumbsup:

I would have the bike dyno tuned going from stock to full exhaust system, you don't know where your afr sits right now. Take it to someone who knows what they are doing and I promise you'll laugh at how it used to run before the tune.

Back