Suggestions for a 4-2-1-2 full system

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
I had a HMF dual high mount system on my last Gen I. I like the look of dual cans. I am thinking about the Akrapovic system in CF on a 2009 Black busa. Any other suggestions.

Don

Nice :thumbsup:

08_gsx13_cs2.jpg

I am trying to find pictures, from the back, of any dual systems you guys have installed. I really like the way the akrapovics look, the TiForce seems to look great as well. The bike I am getting is a 09 Black so I want the cans to be either TI or CF.

Don

Vance&Hines makes a stainless steel universal header, it works with all aftermarket mufflers, and the stockers, it's made for duals only. However I think it's a 4 into 2 header, not 4 into 1 into 2.

Last edited:
Dozer,
Thanks so much for that vid. I love the sound. Sounds very very similar to my HMF system on my last Gen I.

Don

just seen where you are from. your welcome to come hear my 4-2-1 busa run anytime. heres the vid with a noisy startup. 08 clutch problem is what all the rattling is.

the tiforce really has a nice sound, not too loud, and very quite while riding the bike, from behind its way louder than it sounds riding it. one other thing to add, if you get the ti pipes, get ready to deal with a rattle eventually. everyone ive spoken to says its just the way they are doesnt matter manufacturer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vance&Hines makes a stainless steel universal header, it works with all aftermarket mufflers, and the stockers, it's made for duals only. However I think it's a 4 into 2 header, not 4 into 1 into 2.

Ur right it is a 4 into 2 header. Heard lots of good things about them, especially when you can make any slip on system bolt right up and have the full benefits of a full race exhaust.

I am steering in that direction myself. I currently have dual R77's, would love to get some headers for em....

DSC00214.jpg

DSC00213.jpg

Back