D&D 4:2 full system or D&D slip-ons?

mark_ckr

Registered
I am having a hard time deciding between
D&D 4:2 full system or D&D slip-ons.

I have decided to go with carbon cans either way.

Here in order are the features I most care about to
least care about.

#1. Sound (want lots of it)
#2. Look (want dual carbon cans)
#3. Weight savings
#4. Performance increase

From my research D&D's are one of the most aggressive sounding pipes out there, which is what I want.

As far as the look the only reason I like the slip-on just
a bit better than the full 4:2 is the size of the factory
mid-pipe. I like the larger size factory mid-pipe compared
to the mid-pipe on the full 4:2.

But that can be over looked if the last two features make up for it. If weight savings and performance gains are
significant enough going with the full 4:2 vs. slip-ons, I can over look the mid-pipe deficiency.

What do you think?

Oppinions please?

The full 4:2 cost $200 more than the slip-ons.

Also, if there is any chance that the full 4:2 could melt my fairings that would also make a difference.

I have the slip-ons and have been happy with them. Great sound and look. I didn't notice any performance changes except that louder makes it seem faster! :bounce: I'm sure this doesn't help much.

I have heard the slip-on D&D cans on Postal's bike and they sound real nice but not near as loud as others told me they were. My slip-on Micron on my 954RR was louder and more racy sounding (IMO). Maybe Postal was just takin' it easy and they sound really cool when you rev 'em up.

Another advantage of slip-ons versus full system is that you don't need a power commander. Don't forget to include that in the "cost" for the full system.

Can someone post pics of the D&D's you have? I'm sending my Vance & Hines back and in the market for something else...talked to someone this weekend that has D&D on a 600, and he said they sound great...

I want to be heard so hopefully cagers will notice I'm around them...otherwise, I'll just keep riding with Harleys to be heard! :D

Can someone post pics of the D&D's you have?  I'm sending my Vance & Hines back and in the market for something else...talked to someone this weekend that has D&D on a 600, and he said they sound great...

I want to be heard so hopefully cagers will notice I'm around them...otherwise, I'll just keep riding with Harleys to be heard!  :D
Price, installation and having to remap are not a factor for me.

I am thinking that with the full system 4:2 there
will be more air flow hence better sound and to top it off a little power increase and weight savings.

Has anyone heared slip-ons compared to the full system?

Does anyone know how much D&D headers weigh compared to the stock headers?

I emailed D&D for the total weight of the full 4:2 system w/ carbon cans and all they could give me was shipping weight 24LBS.

If this is the case then there is only a 6LBS weight savings as the full factory exhaust weighs
30LBS.

This did not sound right to me for some reason.

Does anyone have any info to the contrary?

Thanks.

Back