DEVIL EXHAUST k8 SURVEY

Wow I really like the idea of the manufacture asking its customers what they want!! I was wondering how much longer it was going to take for that to happen
smile.gif
Thank you very much for asking us.

As for the options I think what would help both the customers and manufacture is a poll where we can combine all the info into a graph to better see what most people want in an exhaust... I like most of the options board members are saying,but would like to see it in a dual pipe as well...

Lets start a list of options so we can create a poll to track what people want
smile.gif

beerchug.gif

smile.gif

Duals
Single
colors
no rivits
black straps or silver
carbon or alum
logo smaller or leave it
tip color
full or slip on
how this for one... different levels of packing insert to adjust the tone different people want LOL ok dont kill me

how bout AN EXHAUST THAT EXITS WHERE THE TURN SIGNALS ARE , AND A COMBO TAILLIGHT/ BLINKER SET UP !
beerchug.gif
NO OFFENCE BUT iD LOVE NOT TO SEE AN EXHAUST AT ALL , THIS IS SOMYHING THAT HAS NEVER BEEN DONE FOR THE BUSA BEFORE,SAW IT ONCE ON THE GEN 1 BUSA AND IT WAS BAD ASS

Can you post a sound clip of these? That would also help with making decisions on which pipe a person may buy. Like the fellas said make the logo smaller and something more durable not a sticker to heat up and peel or fade.

I think some of y'all are missing the point about the sticker-vs-placard thingy.

The "sticker" actually sits on a foil-base; it's not a paper only thing. Before putting the pipes in operation, you can peel the sticker off and go with the stealthy look if you are inclined to.

But if they place a regular metal placard on there, it will be riveted on.... you're not taking those off without leaving two unsightly holes in your canisters.
thumb_down.gif

LeoVince does the best of both worlds.... their Evo II canisters come with the foil-backed logos on the canisters, and they provide a metal placard and spare rivets if those customers who insist on going with that solution. Everyone wins.
thumb_up.gif

Can you post a sound clip of these? That would also help with making decisions on which pipe a person may buy. Like the fellas said make the logo smaller and something more durable not a sticker to heat up and peel or fade.
at the risk of sounding like an adam henry... what use is a posted sound clip? I can record the same pipe 3 or 4 ways and they will sound like a different pipe every time.. (none of which sound the same as in person)
You can listen to the races on TV and that sound is also nothing like being there in person.

Seems rather pointless to do in the first place and basing a purchase decision on a recorded wav file seems even more so.

Had a high mount SBK Devil on a ZX9, still the best sounding bike I've ever heard. Loved the quality of the Devils............

P4200232.jpg

Hello

First and foremost we thank you very much for your positive answers to this survey. We do appreciate that our initiative was positively received. I will try to answer to anyone for your valuable remarks and comments that will help us to know better your market, your habits, and trends.

Please find here a new picture of rear view* of the bike, the second picture shows you the finishing of end caps between the prototype (plastic) fitted on the bike picture and the real finishing (Fiberglas) applied on parts for retail.  Please find also the dyno. I let you appreciate the improvements of our material.

Technical data:  
Weight gain: 8.5kg (18.74Lb)
Original dual canisters weight = 14.3kg (31.52Lb)
DEVIL ROCKET dual slip on = 5.8kg (12.78Lb)

*rear view: please notice that this picture presents the ROCKETS in European versions, including Db-Killer (removable) for local sound rules.

Suzuki_Hayabusa_vue_AR.jpg

here the detailed picture of rear Endcap
left is the prototype one (fitted on the two previous bike's pictures) and right is the finishing you will have on the retail series. Finishing is Fiberglas Matt.

P1010539.JPG

Had to laugh because this is what they came up with....

Seems like the first one they did... dont think they listened lol

Jza

rocket.jpg

I live in the uk&looking for a new look&sound you fit me them devils I will advertise them for you let me no asap as I will be having pc v fitted soon new tyres&4000 mile service I live southeast England go in you no you want to I've got black k9 thanx mark

Yeah if you threw out a few free or highly discounted sets to some reliable members on here i think you would get a full review from them after having it installed and youd probly make some business on this site. I would mind doing a review on it. Since ive never heard of this brand id never buy it cause ive never seen it on any bikes or heard it = no purchase

I think the exhaust looks pretty good. My R-77's have the same stainless steel bands on them so I don't have a problem with that.

Big thing to me is that this can doesn't really offer anything different to distinguish it from other options. Why would I pay the same price for this pipe when I could get Yoshis for just a little more? The Yoshis might not even be a better product (I don't know Devil), but people see a Yoshi badge and they think it's straight.

An good example was the GP sidewinder from Micron. That pipe looked like it was the original design for the Busa. It was like no other pipe and really added to the aesthetics of the Busa.

I know this basic can will be used as a basis for other bikes, but the standard cans for the busa crowd is going to be Yoshi, Brock, M4, Akropovic and a couple others. Seems like another option doing the same thing for about the same cost is going to have a tough time finding much of a market.

A couple cheap ideas might be:

1. A convertable can. Maybe it can be altered somehow for the track and then quickly tamed for street.
2. Offer the can in color matched carbon fiber to match stock busa colors.
3. Offer a dual can full system (4-1-2). There aren't many out there.
4. Maybe offer an insulated header full system.
5. Maybe offer a replacement can hanger that bolts on where the stock rear foot pegs are that allows different pipe options (like a semi-high pipe)

I agree with Jza, but also, i took the bazookas off my bike for a reason, its really hard to find an attractive looking shorter exhaust for the 08. I like devil products and have looked at them from seeing really sexy SMALL pipes on other bikes, only to be greatly disappointed to see all that was available for the 08 busa was two HUGE cans.

My 2 cents

Back