Removal of DB inserts for Micron GP Exhaust

efiguero

Registered
This was one of the posts that seemed to have fallen off the other day. So I figured I would re-post it. SO this is for anyone that buys the new Micron GP-sport exhausts for the new 08 Busa. The instructions failed to tell you how to remove the inserts, but does mention they are removable. If you want it to sound better remove these inserts, makes a world of difference. I could have figured it out on my own, but did not want to mess anything up so I e-mailed Micron. Here is the response:
"Thank you for your enquiry. You are correct there is no instruction on the removal of the insert baffle.

However this is a reasonably simple task to undertake, firstly locate the M5 cap headed bolt that secures the baffle insert , using a quality penetrating oil (WD40) spray liberally around the fixing and undo the bolt using a 5mm Allen Key. Using a pair of pliers, pull the insert gently and firmly out towards you for about 50mm until it stops then rotate thru 90 degrees clockwise to "unlock" and pull out the insert. Installation is the same as removable in reverse.

Regards Chris

Micron R&D"

Just a note, I did not have to rotate them clockwise, as soon as I removed the bolt and used pliers to pull the inserts (Took some tugging) they just came out. Sounds a lot better, now I am satisfied with the sound. Low rumble, not high pitched or annoying.

P3300708.jpg

"Sound better" is in the "ear" of the beholder... I prefer a quiet exhaust so that in my "old lady" riding I do not get harassed by drawing unwanted attention.. Plus when I go for a ride, it is usually at least 400 miles and more like 600 a day.. Loud pipes get truly annoying for me..

"Sound better" is in the "ear" of the beholder... I prefer a quiet exhaust so that in my "old lady" riding I do not get harassed by drawing unwanted attention.. Plus when I go for a ride, it is usually at least 400 miles and more like 600 a day.. Loud pipes get truly annoying for me..
I am with you. Super loud pipes don't do it for me. Each to his own as long as I don't have to ride behind you.
laugh.gif

Not that I like a quite Pipe but I do like one that has a good crisp sound. Not Crazy loud like some like but just a nice clean sound
super.gif
super.gif

super.gif

I understand what you guys are saying, these pipes are not crazy loud and annoying. They have a nice deep rumble, they are perfect for what i was looking for. They are pretty quiet with the inserts in, but louder than stock. With the inserts removed that have a lower tone now, and it is louder than before. I think my old yosh system on my old bike was much louder though.

Thanks, Adam, yeah, they were not that hard to get out once I got the instructions.

I bought the black micron exhaust for the 08 hayabusa. I want to customize my end-caps by changing them from carbon fiber to chrome to look simular to the orginal stock pipes. Does micron sale metal end-caps so that i can have them chromed? Or can the existing carbon fiver end caps be modified?

Well I can get the screws out,but even with vise grips clamped on the small centre pipe end ,pulling like hell ,niether side will come out.They do not even budge so i can do a turn and remove.Am I missing something Here???.What actually comes out beside the end plate,and baffle??Does just the two centre pipe end plates come out or the whole metal end plate.Or just the small centre triangle pipe and baffle??

Last edited:
I finally got them out with a tap of a hammer while pulling.Sounds sweet now,nice low tone and not to loud under acceleration,but now at least i can hear the bike rev under acceleration with my ear protection in now.:thumbsup:

Back