Gen II Exhaust Madness

Test_Eng

Registered
What a dilemma I have and had.

I bought my k8 back in 08 and I still have the OEM exhaust on the bike. :poke:

When I got my bike the Yoshi R77's were the pipes that all the cool kids had:oldcool: and I really like them. But I hate having the same thing as everyone else. So I have literally spent 3 years trying to hunt down the right exhaust and listed below everything that have seriously consider but ended up dropping for one reason or another.

R77 Dual Slip-Ons with V&H Header:

R77.jpg
Vance & Hines.jpg

Thought hard about this but the more I looked at it the more I like the whole V&H setup with CS Cans and header.

Another Yoshi setup:
This would be awesome if I could get either setup in the states for under $1500. "Not gonna happen":banghead: Yoshi Japan.

Yosh Dual1.jpg
Yosh Dual2.jpg

Looked at these briefly but wasn't too impressed. Not even sure if their available in the state. There are alot of crazy exhaust setups in Europe
Blue flame.jpg
Blue flame2.jpg

Brocks are sweet systems but super pricey for titanium:
Brocks.jpeg

These are the 2 I am stuck between currently:
Akra 2.jpg
Akra 1.jpg

I have been an anti single exhaust setup for a long time but the single Akrapovic is so sick. The tube entering the can is larger and looks better than the small tubes of the full dual setup.

So I'm leaning toward Akrapovic single full racing setup :beerchug:but thats just for this week.:whistle:

Anyone else have any opinions? Its really not the easiest decision with all the options but you can never find the perfect setup.

I probably should just get a turbo and dump it all together.:devil:

Thank for reading my rant:beerchug:

R77.jpg

Vance & Hines.jpg

Yosh Dual1.jpg

Yosh Dual2.jpg

Blue flame.jpg

Blue flame2.jpg

Brocks.jpeg

Akra 1.jpg

Akra 2.jpg

There is a reason Yoshi is so popular !

Get Ackra if you can afford it, if not get the Yosh > my 2c

I'm going to buy the full dual cf Akrapovic soon. Squale147 bought one recently too, he's supposed to be posting pictures any time now. MotoMummy $1600.

1810-1532-akrapovic-racing-line-full-exhaust-with-dual-hexagonal-canister.jpg

Is Tsukigi still in bisiness? I know Doazerdriver has a Tsukigi system and I have heard outstanding things about their power gains but I think they are gone from North America.

Is Tsukigi still in bisiness? I know Doazerdriver has a Tsukigi system and I have heard outstanding things about their power gains but I think they are gone from North America.

And they are LOUD!:laugh: Which is cool, and nothing sounds better than an AlienHead, but some of us want/need something a little more quiet to stay under the radar. Akrapovic claims 11.5 hp for the full dual and only about 1 1/2 more for the full single. Good ballpark numbers, and should dyno tune well.

Are you going to go with the PC or ECU Editor?

ECU Editor...most definately. I've never been impressed with power commanders either. I put one on my 02 gsxr1000 I bought new, I saw absoloutely no difference with any of the base maps I tried. My dyno tune day was a snow storm and I said the heck with it. I've put them on several friends bikes too, I just don't like them.
Good thing ECU Editor blew them out of the water!

:offtopic: I updated my ECU Editor on Monday and it can now do the GSXR 600 and 750 along with the Busa, B-King and GSXR1000.

My 2 cents: buy the "Best" pipes you can afford. I really want the Brocks but the wallet can only go with Yosh R-77 CF s/o....which is what I have on my bike now. BTW, I wanted to keep the dual look so a full 4-1 was out.

The Yoshi with the dual exits are my #1 choice.. They are stupid expensive. Would love the short cans. But man oh man, why does yoshi have to put such a ridiculous price on them?

I am also anti single. The look of a dual system is my preference. Those Akra's are sick as well. My .02 Get akra.

The Yoshi with the dual exits are my #1 choice.. They are stupid expensive. Would love the short cans. But man oh man, why does yoshi have to put such a ridiculous price on them?

I am also anti single. The look of a dual system is my preference. Those Akra's are sick as well. My .02 Get akra.

They are trying to raise money for the monstrous cleanup so they can stay in business. Just kidding.

I personally like the looks of dual exits but I don't miss the extra crap in the way when comes time to clean it up, clean and lube the chain, or remove the rear wheel.

For the person looking for Tsukigi canon full exhaust in U.S. the site is Leatherup.com. They are selling at this time for 957.56. I have one that I bought several years ago, and love it. You won't be disappointed. The only addition you might need is the silencer kit which reduces the noise to a reasonable level. The canon comes with a semblance of a baffle, but for me I required the silencer kit. Best thing is to install it and see if you like the sound, and if not get the silencer kit to go along with it.

I'm going to buy the full dual cf Akrapovic soon. Squale147 bought one recently too, he's supposed to be posting pictures any time now. MotoMummy $1600.

Be cautious with this purchase the picture is deceiving. I almost believe this is a Photoshop picture.
If you purchase the full dual system the CANs are longer than displayed and the inlet pipe it smaller on the duals than the single. Look closely at the pictures in my first post.

There are some youtube vids of yoshi duals with dual tips and some appear to be in the states. I even found a shady website from the states that states :rofl:they deal with yoshi japan and have these listed but no prices.

For the person looking for Tsukigi canon full exhaust in U.S. the site is Leatherup.com. They are selling at this time for 957.56. I have one that I bought several years ago, and love it. You won't be disappointed. The only addition you might need is the silencer kit which reduces the noise to a reasonable level. The canon comes with a semblance of a baffle, but for me I required the silencer kit. Best thing is to install it and see if you like the sound, and if not get the silencer kit to go along with it.

Definitely a different look but Im not really digging it. Looks like a giant worm coming from the bike. :poke:
Tho I would like to do a dB test of that system. Looks crazy like a crazy loud system.

They are trying to raise money for the monstrous cleanup so they can stay in business. Just kidding.

I personally like the looks of dual exits but I don't miss the extra crap in the way when comes time to clean it up, clean and lube the chain, or remove the rear wheel.

My thoughts on this is, most people will only get a good look of the bike when its parked, because come on its a Hayabusa not a Sunday driver, so for aesthetics purposes it will be on the kickstand hiding the left side. Then you have the weight reduction from the bike and with my fat arse it could use it.:whistle:

I was going heeing and hawing with the CS One and the Akrapovic my self.. then it decided on Turbooing mine so for now I just cut the stock cans down. I didn't / don't wanna waist money on a system im just gonna take off..
cutting the stock cans took me 4 hours and I love it and couldn't be happyer with the way it turned out. the way it sounds and looks.. :thumbsup: .. Good luck with your hard choice.. and post some pic's when you decide.
100_0391.jpg
100_0392.jpg

100_0391.jpg

100_0392.jpg

Be cautious with this purchase the picture is deceiving. I almost believe this is a Photoshop picture.
If you purchase the full dual system the CANs are longer than displayed and the inlet pipe it smaller on the duals than the single. Look closely at the pictures in my first post.

You're correct that they are different from the picture I posted, however I belive it's the sizing of the photo that has changed it's appearance, and not photoshop.
I'm still waiting to for Squale147 to post his pictures too.
I've thought all along that I'll cut 3 or 4 inches of length out of each muffler before I have my bike dyno'd anyway.:beerchug:

I was going heeing and hawing with the CS One and the Akrapovic my self.. then it decided on Turbooing mine so for now I just cut the stock cans down. I didn't / don't wanna waist money on a system im just gonna take off..
cutting the stock cans took me 4 hours and I love it and couldn't be happyer with the way it turned out. the way it sounds and looks.. :thumbsup: .. Good luck with your hard choice.. and post some pic's when you decide.
View attachment 215569
View attachment 215570

They turned out nice too.:thumbsup:

Back