Bike won't start

S7R4NGER

Registered
I took the bird to the vet... Picked it up later, went home, and everything was fine except for the heavy rain... After parking it in the garage, it won't start again...

When I turn the key, the lights work, but the ignition button doesn't do anything. Anyone knows what this might be?

Thanks,

Silly question but it happens - make sure your engine kill switch is off. I've done this before on my ATV :tounge:

It's not that. Give me some credit, will you?

My guess is that is related to the ignition button itself. Maybe some wire disconnected or something... I just wanted some directions... I've never removed the fairings to start with...

well what kind of work was done?
Full fairing removal?
I am sure you checked the kickstand switch?
You aren't in a false neutral?

The green light (Neutral indicator) is on.
The bike has 6000 kms - reason I took her to the doctor.
Kickstand switch must be working. When in 1st gear, if i put the stand down, the CHECK advice appears...

Is the engine turning???Do you hear the fuel pump fire up???More, more we need more...

Yes, I did hear all that, but I don't have any problem now.
My guess is due to the rain, some part got wet and this prevented the bike from starting.
When I arrived home after lunch, I wanted to show my cousin the problem and the bike just started. :blush:

Now I just hope it won't happen again because I still don't know what the problem was and how to fix it.

Yes, I did hear all that, but I don't have any problem now.
My guess is due to the rain, some part got wet and this prevented the bike from starting.
When I arrived home after lunch, I wanted to show my cousin the problem and the bike just started. :blush:

Now I just hope it won't happen again because I still don't know what the problem was and how to fix it.
Sorry not to get to you soone. Yes you are correct if it was heavy rain. You would be pulling water in through the stacks. I have seen this on a couple of bikes. Best thing is just what you did , dry it out. Hopefully it will not happen again. the only time I did see this is in very heavy rain. Glad it is running now.

Does this mean that...

Monochromatics aren't the fastest? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Obviously not in the rain anyways! :tounge:

Glad your'e bad up and runnin' s7rang3r!

Well, this is kind of scarey. I guess if it rains hard, we have to look for an overpass to hide under till it lets up huh. I haven't had it out in the rain yet, but good to know. I guess she's not a water bird. Water must be getting to the ignition coils, plugs, wires, etc ?? :sad:

Does this mean that...

Monochromatics aren't the fastest?   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Obviously not in the rain anyways! :tounge:

Glad your'e bad up and runnin' s7rang3r!
She runs fast, but she can't swim.

She is still my baby!

If I had to go to the university by car, I would have to wake up one hour earlier.

I am very happy that she is running now :D :D :D

Back