Bike at the Doctor...

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
Well its official my bikes secondaries aren't working like they should. Or at least thats what I could make out when they called cause of the back ground noise I was having a hard time hearing. So, my 08 should be running strong when I get her back next week. Now, about the mustang
rock.gif

FI light kept comming on everytime the bike hit 5k or more.... Didn't matter how quickly or slowly it hit it, just that when it made 5k or rpm the FI light always came on.

Well its official my bikes secondaries aren't working like they should. Or at least thats what I could make out when they called cause of the back ground noise I was having a hard time hearing. So, my 08 should be running strong when I get her back next week. Now, about the mustang
rock.gif
This is good to hear, in that it's comforting to know that if the FI light consistently illuminates under a certain set of conditions that you can duplicate, it's not the EFI system being flaky, rather, it's likely that there *is* something amiss.

Perhaps I missed this in the earlier thread, but were you able to pull down the error codes after the FI light illuminated? If so, did the code allude to some issue with the secondaries?

Glad they were able to find it and hopefully get her fixed up! No more Mustang stories, please.
laugh.gif

rock.gif
This is good to hear, in that it's comforting to know that if the FI light consistently illuminates under a certain set of conditions that you can duplicate, it's not the EFI system being flaky, rather, it's likely that there *is* something amiss.

Perhaps I missed this in the earlier thread, but were you able to pull down the error codes after the FI light illuminated? If so, did the code allude to some issue with the secondaries?
Yes, the code was the key to solving the mystery. But, I never pulled it cause I had no plans on doing the repair myself... I'm just really glad when she comes back home I get to experience what everyone else has been clamering about...

FI light kept comming on everytime the bike hit 5k or more.... Didn't matter how quickly or slowly it hit it, just that when it made 5k or rpm the FI light always came on.
was the FI light on when you raced the mustang?
Painfully so.... I was babying the bike until he came along and I couldn't help myself. Yep, it was on as a painfull reminder I shouldn't be racing!
i really feel like your bike isnt running as good as it should be, you should of been able to keep pace with that mustang(i see plenty of vids with blown vipers,supra's ect getting beat by busa's ect), get those secondaries fixed and the out come may be diffrent.

KS, i hate to sound newbie..but Secondaries? What are those..the butterfly? Im having the same FI issue, but didnt bring it back to the doc yet. Any more info on this would be great! thanks!

What was the fix, I hear some are removing the secondaries  
eek2.gif
I would just pull them. I don't like secondaries on any bike I own. Just another way to restrict them. Some folks should prolly have them in...but I think a more experienced rider who buys a new bike for the power should get what he paid for. I pulled the flies on my 14 and it made an unbelievable difference
wowold.gif
laugh.gif
jump9.gif
If my first gen busa had secondaries they'd be gone too
winkold.gif

Secondaries are probably off spec....Just like newer gen 05-081k's suffer'd
secondaries kick in like accellerator pumps and come in at pre-set rpm and Rapid change in Throttle positions with TP being major contributing factor in FI light going on..there are two set screws at ends of TB upper butterflies and lower Butterflies need to be within operating specs/both servo actuators.

Kinda tough to explain but you can probably find how to in Manual

Back