Best Place to purchase tires online?

(bmbusa @ May 15 2007,18:43)
(TIMMYDUCK @ May 15 2007,18:11) This Saturday only...............

Cycle-gear is selling Pierelli Diablo sets ( That's right 1 front with matching rear)

For 159.99

Go to www.cyclegear.com and make your reservation.
Thanks TIMMYDUCK, I just oerdered a set from them for $179.99 shipping included.
super.gif
I ordered a set also. They gotta be better then my stock tires.
Lucky me, I get to pay 10 bucks in tax though.
190.00 for the set.

Great....this thread makes me feel like an idiot....

I just paid over 350 to have two new tires installed.

How do dealers feel about just mounting tires without having bought the tires from them?

I have a great relationship with my dealer/mechanic but some of the prices are getting nutzy....

(mikeo @ May 15 2007,17:58) Americanmototire.com
They kinda pissed me off today. I went to purchase Michelin Pilot Power 2Ct's from them. Put the 120 and 190/55 in the shopping cart, made the purchase and completed the sale. About 4 hours later i get a notice that my paypal payment was refunded due to the fact that he doesnt have the rear in stock.. WTF? So what if he doesnt have it in stock, can he not get it in a week or 2? Why have it on the site if you cant make good on the price?
rock.gif

(bigoltool @ May 18 2007,14:04) I have had em do that to me before and then they charge you once it ships??? Call em.
i called and couldnt speak to anyone just a recorded message telling me to email them. i did that and got a response. They said that they sold out and Michelin is giving them a 2 week or more date of delivery so they canceled the order so as not to charge me and make me wait.. they gave me the option of paying for it now, they hold a front aside for me and ship it when the rear comes in but fawk that.. the only reason i went with them, while almost being the lowest price is that they take paypal and i have about 300 in paypal buyer credit to burn up. Does anyone know of another place on line that takes paypal?

Back