Online tires

FstEnf

Registered
Called my dealer for a price quote on stocker BT56's. He gave me a pretty high price for the tire and a decent price on mnt & bal. I asked him if the M&B price would hold for any tire I brought in. He said it would, but...."the tires you buy online are generally old and starting to dry rot." Implying that the tires he sold are better. Is he blowing smoke up my @$$ to scare me into buying his tire, or are the internet tires really past their shelf life?

in the immortal words of someone else "he's full of shid"
wink.gif

Just get them from some place reliable like Chapparell or one of the board members/sponsors. Some of the ma and pa places might have less selection but I'd also check locally at other dealers for deals. I know my local place is as cheap as online for most things
cool.gif

If its too old, you can tell by looking at it...it turns to chocolety brown...and hard not much of rubber smell either...and they moves quick enough to stay not dated...just be careful, and make sure, it is not a small shop...my 2 cent...
wink.gif

BTW a quick check and that BT56 is $125 @ MAW , plus they are running a shipping special on Bridgestone tires, $10 each.;.. so $135 shipped provided you dont get charged tx.

Been years since I bought tire from a shop. Never had trouble with any I bought on line, even from shops in other states. Why can I get a tire cheaper from a shop in another state?

I've bought a number of tires from MAWonline for my CBXs and the oldest one I ever got was only 18 months old. I too have had a dealer tell me that online tires are all seconds. Bull!

I had a feeling he was trying to make too much money, but to quench any doubt I wanted the opinion of you guys who have been there and done that. Thanks for the linky's from BentValve. I'm probably going to order from MAW I'm between 4 of their shipping locations so I think I'll give them a shot. Thanks.

I just bought a set of Shinko's from IronPony.com $158 TMD! Got them today, they are nice and new! I'm getting them mounted tomorrow!
biggrin.gif

"Online tires, Are they quality?"

If you think about it, all tires are online tires. I ordered a set from MAW one time and they came wrapped in PARTS UNLIMITED tape just like the ones I saw at the dealership. They call and order tires same as we do.

I have never recieved old tires from an online deal. In fact I see tires sitting in the racks at the local bike shops for YEARS! They are too expensive so no one buys them.

Go home, put your d*&k in the freezer and go coldcock him for saying something so stupid.

Most places around where I live charge double what most online stores charge. Plus if you don;t buy from them they either also charge you double for mounting or wont mount at all. But as long as there one spot that will mount them carry in will always buy online.

Back