Group buy on Tires?

(GoldenChild @ Jul. 25 2007,21:58) I can do pilot sports/powers/2ct but would do them at a flat rate so no matter how many of you buy them,no one has to wait,lmk if I can help.
Price?

My thoughts would be that the brand would be determined by the vendor/board sponsor wanting to take this on and that be primarily based on his pull with said manufacturer and discount.

My guess it we're looking at probably at least 50 tire min.  when this is all said and done, and likely to be higher based on mfgs. pricing.

If we get mfgs/distributor to really throw down, I see some guys picking up maybe a 2 rear/1 front combo.
(and maybe that's the way to go for the best discount)

(Just throwing some numbers out, I have no idea what kind of price a group buy on tires might generate)
I would rather for example, hit a set of CorsaIII for $200 than a set of Pilots for $260.

I have seen in the past some pretty good promotions and discounts on behalf of mfgs.

My preference would be

Qualifiers
CorsaIII
Pilots
Avons

But I'm wide open to a quality tire.

I just put a new pilot Power on the rear. If price is right Im in for front & rear Powers. My last set I bought at Chesterfield Valley powersports for 217.00 for both. They dont have any now. But at that price you cant go wrong.

lurk.gif

I would like to get in on a tire buy, however, I look for a tire that will give me milage and also a good price. My son and I have had great performance out of the Maxxis Supermax tire. 6-7K miles out of a rear, and the cost is about $120 for a rear delivered. To do a group buy is hard because we have different needs when it comes to tires. I would think if we had a site vendor or perhaps two or three that could offer a milage tire for the touring guys, a street performance tire like a Qualifier or pilot, and a tire for you canyon carvers, almost everyone who has a busa would be in on that group buy.

My rear is SHOT!

According to some, so is my front
jump9.gif

I need a tire(s) so count me in if'n yall get something set up.

Back