Best Mods for second Gen busa?

nitro71455

Registered
All,
I'm picking up my stock 08 busa with 500 miles on it tomorrow. I don't want to reinvent the wheel on mods. What mods have been proven to be the best HP / TQ for the money?

Best full exhaust (don't want it too loud)
ECU Editor (is a must)
Air box Mod? (small or full)

The bike will be street driven and drag raced. I'll also ride two up quite a bit. Thanks in advance guys!

--Rich

These are what I found gave good noticable changes...

* Full Exhaust - I have went for Akropovic
* K&N Air Filter is all you need on stock bike
* Power Commander IV
* Rear Spocket changed to 46 Teeth

269511_10150379420377571_772852570_10212173_4097597_n.jpg

283871_10150379420117571_772852570_10212165_8234480_n.jpg

I was gonna say exhaust, anywho I'm a Brock's man, great quality, cost, and performance. Short Meg or Alien Head for your purposes, but they run loud. Not sure about the CTS, looks good, same quality and performance, but bigger can. It might be what you're looking for. Best of luck.

These are what I found gave good noticable changes...

* Full Exhaust - I have went for Akropovic
* K&N Air Filter is all you need on stock bike
* Power Commander IV
* Rear Spocket changed to 46 Teeth
What is that next to the chain guard?

Go with brocks for power. The CT series is quieter than the and alienhead but same amount of power. There are no airbox mods on the second gen like there was on the first gens. If you are going to go with a replaceable filter go with BMC not K&N. You can change sprockets also but you need to figure out where you are going through the traps at when you are dragging it. If your going to race often look into lowering links and a strap for the front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:welcome: aboard!!!

I like Brock's, but its a lil too load for me, I went with yoshimura and the bmc filter.
How about some nitrous:whistle:

The Gen II modification thread pinned in it's respective section. A little effort goes a long way.
Good luck with your bike!

:welcome:

Brocks CT series or Akrapovic for power without overbearing sound.

via Tapatalk

Pick whichever exhaust you like for looks/sound.

Most pipes you will not notice a seat of the pants difference between them. I chose the Brocks CT1, but recently installed a Tsukigi (not sure if you can still get them) and a friend has an Akro. All three are nice pipes, but for some reason the Brocks does not give you the bung for the factory O2 sensor. I have been told that it is for fuel mileage, and not tuning, but it would be nice to have

Personally, I like the ECU editor. Cheaper and much more powerful tool than the Power commander

brocks does make a quiet one call EJ ask for the full carbon fiber one or if your not into cf then just a full titanum one it is nice and sounds great not too loud but not to quiet either. had it on my 2008 which came with the allien head which was too loud for me but the carbon one is a 4 in to 1 using the stock passenger foot beg hanger looks factory and relieves the bike of 22 lbs if I remember right.. Oh and good power gains with brocks maps for life for free and tech support

Back