short stacks

copskahn

Registered
i want to get a few more hp from my busa, will changing to short stacks and a bmc filter make much difference or should i keep the long stacks. also is 87 oct better than the premium gas. i have a stock motor with a full yosh system, power commander,tre , small air box mod. thanks in advance for any input....

all short stacks will give you more power at high rpm's. all long stacks will give you more at low rpms and a mix will..well you know
thumb_up.gif

i want my posts back plus 500
cool.gif

pm omar please
laugh.gif

https://www.hayabusa.org/forums/?act=Profile;CODE=03;MID=111-1119545533

I've got a set of factory tuning pro velocity stackes for sale if needed. I saw two more hp and 4 lb feet of torque on the dyno. They went in my 03 I don't know if they are any different.

stick with the long/short combo that's already on there. If you swap cams or go larger cc's then you might reconsider the stacks.

About 1 or 2 hp at about 9 grand...but you lose some mid range torque.
Posted via Mobile Device

i use the highest octane. 94 sunoco is good but i think the 91 v power shell is a little cleaner, helps prevent build-up.:thumbsup:

i see some nice upgrades, but no gearing changes. try going with a 42 or 43 rear that may be the snap your look'n for.

42 and 43 rear setups only require a speedo healer(keep mph correct). stock chain will fit.

i see some nice upgrades, but no gearing changes. try going with a 42 or 43 rear that may be the snap your look'n for.

42 and 43 rear setups only require a speedo healer(keep mph correct). stock chain will fit.
Folks overlook it, but gearing really is the best bang for the buck. A BMC filters a good investment too I think. I knew a guy who put a set of cams in his busa, spent a fortune getting it done. His friend invested 80 bucks I think in a set of sprockets and was still faster. Mr. cams wasn't too happy that he overlooked something that simple that gave that much extra performance. But guess who's running lower gearing now? :laugh:

...........octane? :dunno:

Octane won't do it for you. The bikes run best on 87, anything else is a waste. I didn't believe it either until my tuner ran the bike on the dyno with premium (91) and regular (87) to prove it to me. Got more HP/Torque out of regular.

Back