Best mod EEVVVVERRR!!!!

mjn

Hillbilly Deluxe
Donating Member
Registered
Just changed out my chain and sprockets...went with a +3 rear (43)...

and all I can say is WOW!!!

I wish I'd done this a couple years ago!

Pick a rpm in first...anywhere above 3K....twist, and up comes the front wheel!

I can't seem to get the grin off my face.....and it's been four hours since I rode.......

Just frikkin DO IT!

did it
hello.gif
and dn 1 in frt. which is like another 3 up in rear. I feel ya bro.
ThumbsUp.gif

I'm running a 38 rear sprocket and anywhere beyond 4K will bring her skyward if that's what I wish. Ex gal always wanted me to bring the front up. I don't do it, it's just to abusive. Have fun, be careful
thumb_up.gif

(3 more teeth should effect your top speed negatively)

I went with a 42T vortex rear sprocket,there was a noticable difference,didnt want to go to big though,otherwise she will be screaming just cruising at 55
beerchug.gif

I went with a 42T vortex rear sprocket,there was a noticable difference,didnt want to go to big though,otherwise she will be screaming just cruising at 55
beerchug.gif
Who cruises at only 55 mph? Even with 43t, 55 mph is not bad but when you get into the 70-80 CRUISING range you'll notice the higher RPMs buzzing at you.

I did the same thing about a yesr ago. I changed back to stock about 2 months ago and I am much happier. I dont like cruising at 80 and have the RPM way up there. That is just me though.

did it
hello.gif
ThumbsUp.gif
...from now on forget the readings on your speedo.Readings will be more or less round 10-15% more for the same speed.Anyway I can feel your happiness.Irealy do.Busa should have had shorter gears I must admit
hello.gif
actually it DID have 15/43 sprockets and the speedo read 65 when I was actually doing around 35
crazy.gif

speedohealer fixed that right up. but that 15t HAD TO GO. WAY to much stress on shaft. Went up to a 16t
ThumbsUp.gif

hello.gif

ThumbsUp.gif

did it
hello.gif
ThumbsUp.gif
...from now on forget the readings on your speedo.Readings will be more or less round 10-15% more for the same speed.Anyway I can feel your happiness.Irealy do.Busa should have had shorter gears I must admit
hello.gif
actually it DID have 15/43 sprockets and the speedo read 65 when I was actually doing around 35
crazy.gif

speedohealer fixed that right up. but that 15t HAD TO GO. WAY to much stress on shaft. Went up to a 16t
ThumbsUp.gif
Anyway its good to try it to enjoy power weelies and play equal with gixxers
ThumbsUp.gif

hello.gif

ThumbsUp.gif

ThumbsUp.gif

Hmmm I am on stock gearing and the front comes up on queue... It will start to pull it in second (and if I slide back in the seat Weeeeeeeee!!!!!) guess a living at 600 above sea level has it good side

Speaking of best mod I also got a plus 3 rear sprocket on my shelf my bike only has 2k miles you think the factory chain is long enough?

Yep, you can go up three, no problem.

On my last few busa's, I have installed a 43T before it's maiden voyage. Stock new chain has enough adjustment to go up three but not enough to go up four!

Back