New rear sprocket ?

manatrader

Donating Member
Registered
I just put on a new rear sprocket, front sprocket and chain last night and now have some questions.

I changed the rear sprocket to a 43 tooth and I think my speedometer is now off.

Anyone know if it impacts the speedometer, I have a speedohealer and can adjust it again if it does.

I would have to say yes. You have changed things, how much I don't know, don't have the formula.

Just spoke with Suzuki shop and yes moving from a 41 to a 43 will make your speedometer read faster than your really going.

Great, my speedometer was dead on, back to the caculator

ANY time you change gearing you need to adjust the speedo.
all_coholic.gif

Also, RESET your SOH to transparent mode or completely disconnect it BEFORE going out and getting the new readings. Otherwise, you'll still be off.
cool.gif

Well things are back to normal the correct value is now -10.6%, good thing is I'm putting 10.6% less miles on my bike than the rest of you! or at least it show that on the odometer!!
beerchug.gif

How do you like the new combination??? What about the front, did you leave it the same?? or have you changed it previously?

(tinbender0 @ May 07 2007,12:39) How do you like the new combination??? What about the front, did you leave it the same?? or have you changed it previosly?
Setup is now 17/43, I did replace both the front and back, but left the gearing on the front the same. I took it for a good ride this weekend and notice 2nd gear became more use able in some twisty corners where I may had thought about 1st, but corners now near 50mph now require 3rd gear instead of high rpm's in 2nd gear. I'm not sure if I totally like it yet, but for now I would say yes.

You do loose top end speed, your front end will come up in 1st very easly, so if you like wheelies this is for you.

(manatrader @ May 07 2007,13:12)
(tinbender0 @ May 07 2007,12:39) How do you like the new combination??? What about the front, did you leave it the same?? or have you changed it previosly?
Setup is now 17/43, I did replace both the front and back, but left the gearing on the front the same. I took it for a good ride this weekend and notice 2nd gear became more use able in some twisty corners where I may had thought about 1st, but corners now near 50mph now require 3rd gear instead of high rpm's in 2nd gear. I'm not sure if I totally like it yet, but for now I would say yes.

You do loose top end speed, your front end will come up in 1st very easly, so if you like wheelies this is for you.
You will be fine look at it this way,less wear and tear on your motor.

Back