Best brake mods and which first?

On then MC, braided lines, and wintered pads it is. My rotors still look new so they'll be the last change and since the humidity down here is off the charts and it rains like every day in the summer I'll have to skip the irons and go with SS. Is there a particular MC yall suggest over the others? I see a lot of Brembo but they make several different versions

On then MC, braided lines, and wintered pads it is. My rotors still look new so they'll be the last change and since the humidity down here is off the charts and it rains like every day in the summer I'll have to skip the irons and go with SS. Is there a particular MC yall suggest over the others? I see a lot of Brembo but they make several different versions
I have the 19RCS and @ROADTOAD1340 and @fallenarch have the newer corsa corta, which is a newer version, I believe.

I am still running the RCS17 pump on my L2 bike setup , but yes , I got the 19 RCS ready to swapover later .
I think the RCS 19 x 18 / 20 pump will be best for stock calipers , but on full turn the pump will most likely foul on your dash a bit . You can get use to and live with this , but you also got to know before you buy . The other 19 x 20 radial Brembo cast body , with adjuster facing out , inline with radial body also foul I hear , but a lot cheaper . I still think there is a billet version available ( not the GP replica ) for reasonable $ , but might be harder to locate .

You got pazzos or something , well you can get shorty lever for the Brembo RCS , might not color match your clutch side though .
The pump is the best fix in the Gen 2 Tokico caliper as @mabupa and everyone has said bro , it will be an expense to get it all matched up and done , but I think you will be happy with change to lever feel and bite response .

You got pazzos or something , well you can get shorty lever for the Brembo RCS , might not color match your clutch side though .
The pump is the best fix in the Gen 2 Tokico caliper as @mabupa and everyone has said bro , it will be an expense to get it all matched up and done , but I think you will be happy with change to lever feel and bite response .
I honestly don't know the name since the original owner changed them but they're nice quick adjusts and really comfortable but if I have to change for the better brakes I'll just have to

I have an R1 Brembo on mine and it works great with no clearance issues. They can readily be had as well for less cost,.

Hey guys, this thread topped all my expectations of you all, truly an amazing wealth of knowledge here amongst us all, re the “humble “ Busa!
Seems that any questions can be answered with good reliable information based on real world experience and that experience coming down the pike from many good people that are dedicated to extracting the very best from their ‘g
weapon of choice’, the Hayabusa.
I’m impressed. . . Seriously.
Take a bow, you’re all awesome!
:bowdown:

Hey guys, this thread topped all my expectations of you all, truly an amazing wealth of knowledge here amongst us all, re the “humble “ Busa!
Seems that any questions can be answered with good reliable information based on real world experience and that experience coming down the pike from many good people that are dedicated to extracting the very best from their ‘g
weapon of choice’, the Hayabusa.
I’m impressed. . . Seriously.
Take a bow, you’re all awesome!
:bowdown:

Take a bow as well, you are a valuable part of this cog.....not everyday we get an actual tech on here helping out...

While you are at it, you have a contact in Suzuki...call them and find out why we don't have a Gen 3 yet.....

Take a bow as well, you are a valuable part of this cog.....not everyday we get an actual tech on here helping out...

While you are at it, you have a contact in Suzuki...call them and find out why we don't have a Gen 3 yet.....
Lol, apparently they are waiting for the oRg to send in enough requests and also a design brief before they can start on it. . . I asked my ‘inside man’ and he told me in confidence ( shhhhh. . . ) that there’s an entire team of Suzuki engineers sitting around twiddling their thumbs and costing the company millions in salaries, and they are getting really really impatient and pi$$ed off at us oRg guys for not getting our a$$es into gear on this.
Millions of potential Gen 3 buyers are waiting waiting waiting . . .

Honestly, I love the Busas, and I had a few of them. But when compared to other bikes (KTMs, Ducatis, and even some Japanese bikes) - the Busa's braking power feels like a sick kitten... Sure, it'll stop, but it's years apart from other major big bikes (ones that use Brembo brakes, but also others that use Tokico brakes). Honestly, I feel that is the one MAJOR drawback for this bike.

I have a 2018 Busa with 0 miles on it which I just got. The moment I rode it for the first time I immediately felt the same feeling I had with my previos 2014 Busa. Since it's a new bike, there's no question about the lines needing a bleed or the calipers needing a redo.

Before spending mega bucks on Brembo RCS19 MC (which will mean that I need to also replace the clutch side due to visual differences - more mega bucks), I need to ask your advise:

1. Which exact break pad model/catalog number should I get to replace the OEM pads?

2. Where can I get braided front lines?

Thanks! This is an amazing community!

Honestly, I love the Busas, and I had a few of them. But when compared to other bikes (KTMs, Ducatis, and even some Japanese bikes) - the Busa's braking power feels like a sick kitten... Sure, it'll stop, but it's years apart from other major big bikes (ones that use Brembo brakes, but also others that use Tokico brakes). Honestly, I feel that is the one MAJOR drawback for this bike.

I have a 2018 Busa with 0 miles on it which I just got. The moment I rode it for the first time I immediately felt the same feeling I had with my previos 2014 Busa. Since it's a new bike, there's no question about the lines needing a bleed or the calipers needing a redo.

Before spending mega bucks on Brembo RCS19 MC (which will mean that I need to also replace the clutch side due to visual differences - more mega bucks), I need to ask your advise:

1. Which exact break pad model/catalog number should I get to replace the OEM pads?

Re the braided front hoses, unfortunately your bike has an ABS system, so it's not just a simple case of "changing the front brake hoses".
The ideal solution is to 'delete' the ABS system as member C10 has done, and go back to 'uninterrupted' brakes, meaning there's no ABS control unit or pump between your hand on the lever, and the caliper pistons applying force to the pads.
As a skilled or expert rider, ABS is totally unnecessary, and if you want great initial bite and feel at the lever (which we all do!) then an ABS delete is the only solution.
There's a bit of work in it, but the results will be all worth it.
And, we have the technical expertise of C10 to call on if needed, he will show you the quickest most efficient way of removing all that heavy junk, it can be done!
Re the pads, just grab some EBC or Brembo pads to suit your Brembo calipers, someone here will know the best deal out there.
Also, the m/cyl lets the whole braking system down . . . replace it with a Brembo, don't worry about the clutch m/cyl not matching aesthetically, you can replace that when you have the money to do it at a later date.

Not to resurrect my own thread, but it seemed pertinent.

Not to resurrect my own thread, but it seemed pertinent.
That is a very good thread from you bro .

13+ Busa run M4 Brembo calipers , so you can either go organic type ( carbon ceramic ) or sintered metal HH series pads . Both of those options provide very strong bite , with the HH known to wearing out discs quicker . Now discs are a part that naturally wears out , so needs to be monitored and changed out given use anyway , but it will be sooner with HH .
The M4 Brembo will be listed as 108mm and 100mm option no doubt , this refers to the mounting holes only , the pads are exactly the same used for both types .
I run Ferodo CP1 Carbon Front Brake Pads , organic , they fit your M4 and GP4-RX calipers , are top of the line and imho , worth the $ for crazy stopping power .
13+ Busa still need the brake pump change , Suzuki have continued with that piece of crap stock pump right through the linage , and it is unforgivable , verging on criminal ( corporate ) even !!

If you do the mods everyone has listed, you will find the Hayabusa will stop like nothing else....my bike brakes excellently with zero fade...I can do one finger stops from speed with no problem.

PM Bryan (c10...small 'c') and he will most likely walk you through the ABS delete.

Back