Best OE brake pads

question, when u remove OEM pads they have the little backing plate on the back of the pads, do you use them on the new pads that dont come with them or you dont need them??? this is my first go round with this bike..

question, when u remove OEM pads they have the little backing plate on the back of the pads, do you use them on the new pads that dont come with them or you dont need them??? this is my first go round with this bike..
They are anti rattle/squeal shims you are referring to.
You can re use them, or even just a light coating of copper coat or anti seize paste does the same thing.

Thank you, I’ll re-use them, just gotta get my tire mounted tomorrow, oil Change then ready to roll again!!

427B13B9-9E21-4332-8F3F-66CC5799119F.jpeg

I have EBC HH sintered pads and thicker discs on mine with SS lines and an R1 Brembo master cylinder on mine, it stops like nobody's business.
@yellow do you still use those pads? Is there a remarkable difference to the stock pads? (Im buying new brake lines and decided to go with new pads aswell).

@yellow do you still use those pads? Is there a remarkable difference to the stock pads? (Im buying new brake lines and decided to go with new pads aswell).
I do and yes they make a big difference, they are hard so wear slow but will wear out a rotor faster than regular pads.

I have braided lines, EBC 4.4mm rotors and Brembo MC so there is a big difference in how my brakes work over stock.

When I replaced my front rotors I went with the OEM pads which were bloody expensive but slowing me down good but after reading this looks like aftermarket pads is the go :thumbsup:

I do and yes they make a big difference, they are hard so wear slow but will wear out a rotor faster than regular pads.

I have braided lines, EBC 4.4mm rotors and Brembo MC so there is a big difference in how my brakes work over stock.
I just looked on fortnine and twisted throttle (the only 2 stores in this small country- online) and they are sold out on fortnine and twisted throttle doesnt even carry them for the busa. (brake lines I mean). Fortnine has galfers but like I said its sold out.
Where did you get yours from?

When I replaced my front rotors I went with the OEM pads which were bloody expensive but slowing me down good but after reading this looks like aftermarket pads is the go :thumbsup:
My whole busa "carrer" I only used OEM pads and lines. But I have to replace my lines now finally and thought while I am at it I would try different pads. I know the brakes are not the best but It never bothered me so far.

I just looked on fortnine and twisted throttle (the only 2 stores in this small country- online) and they are sold out on fortnine and twisted throttle doesnt even carry them for the busa. (brake lines I mean). Fortnine has galfers but like I said its sold out.
Where did you get yours from?

Came on the bike-bought it used.

I can find out as the previous owner and I have a very good rapport. He has walked me through every thing he has done to the bike in detail.

Came on the bike-bought it used.

I can find out as the previous owner and I have a very good rapport. He has walked me through every thing he has done to the bike in detail.
That would be helpful. I looked already on the galfers page but they would charge 40 US dollars shipping. Therefore I would prefer a canadian source!

That would be helpful. I looked already on the galfers page but they would charge 40 US dollars shipping. Therefore I would prefer a canadian source!

It’s a damn shame that shipping from here to anywhere in Canada is so high. It’s not like you’re so far away so whyizzit?

It’s a damn shame that shipping from here to anywhere in Canada is so high. It’s not like you’re so far away so whyizzit?

Damn shipping costs are almost as much as the product you are buying.

I have my suspicions as to why the shipping is so high between our countries but I will use my inside voice.

@Yellow09
Its the countries choice.

If I ship a 70LBS massive parcel from Germany to Canada i pay 90 euros which equals 90 US dollars.
If I ship the same size / weight parcel from Canada to Germany I pay almost 400 dollars!

(I know that since I shipped parcels to canada when I moved here...!)

Back