Barber Motorsports Trackday 9/18-19/10 STT

One session to go; Randy and Kevin packing up. Hot but breezy we are having ball!

Yall have fun, And we want some pics:thumbsup:

Tim, Ronnie... GREAT to see you guys!
Keith, your the nicest guy in the world, great to see you again and thanks a million for the picture!

As far as the track day, no scratches on me or the bike, no track records broken, I dont even know if I broke my own lap time as I never even turned on the lap timer, just worked on a few things and had some fun riding with my buds.

Like Keith said, we had some interesting folks paddock up next to us. The AMA is running Barber this month and the M4 Monster Energy Team set up shop right next to us. Them and numerous other teams were there for practice. Pretty cool to watch them work. It was really hard not to constantly pester them as one could tell that they were at work and we were at play.
Nearly every time one of their riders came in, off came the rear shock, on went some new springs, internals... you name it. They can remove and strip an Ohlins shock in the time it takes me to put my bike on stands and roll on the warmers!
Each rider, John Hopkins, Martin Cardenas and Elana Myers, had a bike, a crewmen, there was a shock guy and then a Japanese (looking) dude who looked like the head honcho. Something I did not know, their team is based in Athens Alabama!

Anyway, talked to a couple of them. Martin Cardenas FLIES, here are a few pics.

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

Hopper talking with his tuner during a session

Elena having some rebound adjustments, she is the first female to win an AMA pro race! Started racing at the age of 8, she is 16 and this chick can ride!

My ride

And the Coup De Grace... I went over and asked Elena if she would gather the other two up and come to my paddock for a pic with my Ducati - I expected her to say ' no, we are too busy' but she smiled and said 'NO PROBLEM'!
Thought maybe it would make me faster if they all touched it.... Nope, did not work...

A track day with a twist to be sure!

Last edited:
Very cool Randy, Thanks for the pics. :thumbsup:

Well, suffice it to say that if you are not going to BE fast, one can at least LOOK fast!

Couple of pics from the track photographer at Barber....

Back