Tiller's Pics from Barber this weekend!

Tiller

Registered
This is an extension of TwoBrothersBusa's pic thread from this weekend at Barber. It was my first track day ever and it was AWESOME! I had a blast. Every session we made sure we were the first two guys out so that we could have the whole pack chasing us. In the middle of the second day, there really wasnt anyone playing catch up with us. We were hauling the mail all day. Anyways, on to my pics

Our nice pit setup with Keith (skydivr) and his gsxr 1k
100_5115.jpg

Gettin the Tiller ready to rock for the day
100_5113.jpg

Cant wait for them to turn us lose so we can run
100_5143.jpg

on the straight stretch
100_5140.jpg

swinging wide for the pass in turn 5 and 6
100_5097.jpg

Trying to keep up with TwoBrothersBusa but just cannot do it (something about 300 more cc's makes for faster straight runs:thumbsup:)
100_5103.jpg

My awesome wife actually took a picture of the screen that motohd had set up (I will definately be buying this pick)
100_5149.jpg

By the second day this is what was happening in turn 2 and 3
100_5128.jpg

Very sad time when one is forced off the track after a session
100_5111.jpg

Hope yall enjoyed. It was the best weekend ever. HOT but totally worth it.

I just want him to wear my pucks out for one session! I ticked my right knee in the museum turn one time and that was it. We ran pretty well, but my knee never saw scrubbage....Tiller's speed on day two was running top of the class for Novice.
Lil knee drag action there. Good job!! :beerchug:

I just want him to wear my pucks out for one session! I ticked my right knee in the museum turn one time and that was it. We ran pretty well, but my knee never saw scrubbage....Tiller's speed on day two was running top of the class for Novice.

aww come on. You know your speed was the same as mine. And you are on a bigger bike. That makes you the better one.

those pics are freakin awesome...

dont plan on showing my busa the track.. but there may be a track gsxr1k in my near future..

but who is this guy??

100_5113.jpg

he looks like a guy i was stationed with in jacksonville.... hmmm

those pics are freakin awesome...

dont plan on showing my busa the track.. but there may be a track gsxr1k in my near future..

but who is this guy??

he looks like a guy i was stationed with in jacksonville.... hmmm

that guy is me. I was cleanin up my bike.

I tell you guys, Jay (Tiller) has some real talent (can see his head swelling now :laugh:). Dragging puck on his first trackday and his form is reallllllly good. Got to be something about being 20 years old, in good shape and with no fear (age will instill a little of that in you). On Saturday I passed him on video; I think he saw my 'Eat Me' sticker and decided he wasn't gonna let that happen again..so on Sunday out the gate he took off I and wouldn't try to catch him on cool tires.

Jay - even though your coach told you that your tires, in this heat, are good after a half-lap, I'd take Tufbusa's advice and take it a little easier for two laps...it's not worth losing the front over....both you guys need to move up to I....no more parade laps!

Did not get chance last night to edit video (yard HAD to be mowed) but that's tonight's project!

That looks like a lot of fun. I been thinking about it but haven't go yet. How good or bad is the hayabusa for the track?

That looks like a lot of fun. I been thinking about it but haven't go yet. How good or bad is the hayabusa for the track?

Wait and watch the video. The Busa is FINE on the track. There is NOTHING that can catch it on the straights once you get to WOT. The only thing you have to watch for is that you have to brake a little earlier and a little harder than the smaller bikes as it won't slow as fast. Just a little different riding style than the smaller bikes, but the Busa can HANG. Wait til you see the video of Charlie (posting tonight I hope).

Lets put it this way - every one of us that has done a trackday has gotten addicted to it. You will learn more about riding your Busa and what it can really do in one day on the track, than you can learn in YEARS on the street, and in a better controlled environment.

I would love to do a track day. but I'm just worried about getting into a wreck. Worry isnt for myself, it's more about damaging my beloved Busa. Would you guys suggest I should get a used gsxr1k for tracks? How does the insurance work for track bikes and any incident (god forbid) there?

I would love to do a track day. but I'm just worried about getting into a wreck. Worry isnt for myself, it's more about damaging my beloved Busa. Would you guys suggest I should get a used gsxr1k for tracks? How does the insurance work for track bikes and any incident (god forbid) there?

Anytime you push your limits, you run the risk of exceeding them. There are crashes at every trackday. I had the same worry so I bought a trackbike, but I wouldn't let that stop me from at least doing a novice day. Do a novice day on your Busa, and see if you like it enough to then go thru with purchasing a trackbike. I'll warn you though, it's very addicting :)

For most insurance, they consider trackdays instructional (in the same category as the MSF) so they cover. As long as you aren't racing you should be ok. Crashes are NOT fun, but look at it this way, a trackday could give you survival skills you don't have yet and help protect you from crashing on the street. You have no idea what your Busa can actually do until you track it a little....

Anytime you push your limits, you run the risk of exceeding them. There are crashes at every trackday. I had the same worry so I bought a trackbike, but I wouldn't let that stop me from at least doing a novice day. Do a novice day on your Busa, and see if you like it enough to then go thru with purchasing a trackbike. I'll warn you though, it's very addicting :)

For most insurance, they consider trackdays instructional (in the same category as the MSF) so they cover. As long as you aren't racing you should be ok. Crashes are NOT fun, but look at it this way, a trackday could give you survival skills you don't have yet and help protect you from crashing on the street. You have no idea what your Busa can actually do until you track it a little....

I understand. But I just dont trust myself. Anyone passing me will :poke: me more to speed up. I have the 'lead wrist' you see. :laugh: Plus being a novice on track I might slow down too quick and other novices might run into me, or while pushing corner I might wash out.

My main worry is about my bike. Specially losing my '08 (stolen) and then being hit by cager after 10 minutes of purchase of my '09, I just dont think I can take it anymore to see my Busa getting damaged.

But one good thing to know that insurance will cover any or all damages. I might end up buying a used bike mainly for tracks. If it gets damaged, it'll hurt less in my heart. :laugh:

But as of now, all are future plan, til my visa paperwork issue gets resolved. Cant even ride my bike now. :banghead::banghead:

Awesome pics, And congrats on getting your knee down :thumbsup:

Back