EXPENSIVE Barber souvenir

02spool

Registered
A week after getting back from a track weekend at Barber, our first ride since results in finding this souvenir! Took all of a second to figure out where it came from!??? I was instantly SAD, then elated as to its origin,a memory literally etched into the bike. I will not fix it, was the immediate conclusion,:laugh:
Sportbike Track time (think team gixxer) is a stellar operation:thumbsup: BARBER IS as good as it gets in this country- World class!
Flawless weekend at a VERY SPIRITUAL PLACE.:bowdown: Words are a moot point.....just experience it!
Quick shout out to Fallenarch... followed your track posts, my suggestion is get to a school before diving in the deep end . I did a dozen track days with CSS (CODE) before doing a "track day". They will fine tune your issues and make you a real rider. Not generalizing, but they will make all the difference. First time at Barber (or any other track) and they made it achievable and unforgettable.:thumbsup:
SBTT instructor Vern made a HUGE difference in my weekend. Great instruction to be found here also.:cheerleader:
I did 5 sessions on the Busa(2 of them2-up) and the rest on the 750, great time!

Credit to US129PHOTOS for there suburb eye:bowdown: Think the dragon...True professionals!

DSC02665.jpg

DSC02666.jpg

DSC02667.jpg

805088.jpg

805095.jpg

805112.jpg

805013.jpg

805056.jpg

806347.jpg

806310.jpg

Yep, that's about as far as you need to throw the big girl over! I saw you come out with it and came over and talked to you...so...how'd she feel out there?

CONGRATS!!

P.S. We go back tomorrow...to the Corvette track next weekend, then back to Barber... :)

P.S. Tell everybody what tire you were riding on also....

Was not sure which team gixxer member you were, talked to 2 of you? I will not assume as that will not do.
Yeah .that is actually farther than I anticipated leaning her over.I can tell you where it happened though as it was BY FAR my favorite turn from the get go, on both bikes.
It was the BLIND right hander at the end of the esses before you get to the long sweeper to pit out? I should look at a track map ,but it is all in my head(engrained)at this point. The Busa is second nature to me and the 750... a tool to master. It is a serious piece of kit as the Brits say.
That track is PERFECTION and I got a little less cohesive as the weekend went on- well except for that corner!!! I was in survival mode for a lot of the weekend, so technique was an afterthought. Love turn 1 ,2 well most all of them. Did well at Museum corner early, then felt I was getting in to hot and would kill the corner.
I was there to embrace -all that is Barber. As you know ...words fail. You are a lucky bunch to have it as a playground.
I felt welcomed,
and like a guest by both the staff at barber and SBTT. Its no wonder that it works so well. Attitude is everything. Pass on my Heartfelt gratitude to Vern, as I had done so on Sunday morning at breakfast. He towed me around on 2nd session on Sat. and then went over the track map after that. MADE my weekend all come together! 19 hour ride home put reality in perspective, but hope to some day do it again.

Oh yeah forgot the tire question. My only choice Dunlop Q3 ! always. but I do have tread issues ,as this tire(750) is showing delamination. 2ND rear in a row to do so. 2 track days and plenty of tread left. Figure it will do 1 day more before retiring it. Whats your opinion on # of track days?
Funny but the busa tires looks GREAT though it only had 5 sessions and 800 miles in NC,GEORGIA , CHEEHA SP - AL

DSC02591.jpg

DSC02592.jpg

DSC02595.jpg

DSC02670.jpg

DSC02673.jpg

DSC02633.jpg

DSC02660.jpg

DSC02622.jpg

DSC02623.jpg

DSC02626.jpg

Can't wait to do a track day.

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

Did you know that STT has a new program that will give a rider who has never ridden with them before a FREE TRACKDAY ($250+ Value?). Both Twobrothers and I have coupons that will get you a free day...

Was not sure which team gixxer member you were, talked to 2 of you? I will not assume as that will not do.
Yeah .that is actually farther than I anticipated leaning her over.I can tell you where it happened though as it was BY FAR my favorite turn from the get go, on both bikes.
It was the BLIND right hander at the end of the esses before you get to the long sweeper to pit out? I should look at a track map ,but it is all in my head(engrained)at this point. The Busa is second nature to me and the 750... a tool to master. It is a serious piece of kit as the Brits say.
That track is PERFECTION and I got a little less cohesive as the weekend went on- well except for that corner!!! I was in survival mode for a lot of the weekend, so technique was an afterthought. Love turn 1 ,2 well most all of them. Did well at Museum corner early, then felt I was getting in to hot and would kill the corner.
I was there to embrace -all that is Barber. As you know ...words fail. You are a lucky bunch to have it as a playground.
I felt welcomed,
and like a guest by both the staff at barber and SBTT. Its no wonder that it works so well. Attitude is everything. Pass on my Heartfelt gratitude to Vern, as I had done so on Sunday morning at breakfast. He towed me around on 2nd session on Sat. and then went over the track map after that. MADE my weekend all come together! 19 hour ride home put reality in perspective, but hope to some day do it again.

Charlie and I both talked to you...he's got the Black helmet w/blue/black leathers, and I've got the Star Spangled Banner helmet with red/white leathers....will forward your accolades to Vern Lux he's a great coach and rider.

Tires: That's not Delineation, thats just a seam. It's not a problem unless you see it separate. Q3's are a GREAT TRACK TIRE all the way up into the A's and then some (I've some some guys spank the crap out of a Q3; and they are relatively CHEAP compared to some other tires that do not offer as good performance). I'd say your tire wear looks pretty good.

Turn: I think you mean turn 13 before you go over the tunnel..That's a nice turn for sure, but you have to be careful on the exit that you don't run off the track coming over the tunnel...A lot of people find 2-3 the best place to put a knee down as it's long enough that you can adjust into it...and 15 also...

porsche-sport-driving-school-trackmap-truecar-pricing-lede1.jpg

Yeah I kind of figured who was who, but not 100% , thanks for the intro.

Tunnel corner is the one! Not about getting a knee down(did manage too, on all doable corners though-1,3,5,9,13,15,16),just felt very comfortable there!
Well to comfortable, I did get a faster than usual entry there ONCE and did end up on the far curbing, scared the chit right out of me. 2nd Biggest pucker moment of the day, aside from 1st lap at speed- turn 1- YIKES!!!! Nearly stoppied at speed. Soon as the lap was over went and found Vern!

I will run the rear one more day. It did separate on both sides equally, upon inspection at home. Not nearly as bad as the last tire,so I know what to look for.
Thanks

Back