TEAM GIXXER (-) off to Barber 3/23

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
Heading for Barber for another track weekend with TEAM GIXXER (minus Tiller sorry bro :( ) This time with Xact instead of STT so we'll see how they compare. Charlie and I both had to sign up for NOVICE :banghead: because there were no I slots, but we are already working out how to move up :please:

More to follow!

Kieth and Charlie! You two be careful in that Novice group! Seriously! Also be careful and most importantly......HAVE FUN!!!:cheerleader:

Have a Blast! Looking forward to more video! 21 more days and I will be there!

We had a blast yesterday. Got moved to I after third session after we passed the owner :). Weather was goot except wind made us take popups down. Glad we stayed out of A; there were 11crashes in A and only one in I.

Highlight of Saturday was that we got to walk the track; wow what a different perspective! The elevation changes ore truly awesome. Took a bunch of pics to post later

See what you think about the track walk we went on around Barber. After the day on Saturday we got to walk the entire track. They are just about setup for the Indy event next weekend with all the tents and such. It was another amazing weekend and being able to see the elevation changes by walking the track was just incredible. I posted a couple of teaser pics, but go check out my photobucket pics to see them all. (Sorry, but start on page 3 and work backwards for the correct order.)

Track Walk at Barber pictures by cwwskw - Photobucket

Looking back at turn 17 (last turn onto the front straight)...me and the house commander.

BarberTrackWalk007.jpg

Around 2 / 3
BarberTrackWalk015.jpg

Stupid weeper
BarberTrackWalk017.jpg

And for Bots...Creepy Spider Art
BarberTrackWalk045.jpg

Nice shot of the 180
BarberTrackWalk046.jpg

Sorry, one more. Can you tell what the wheelbase of a Porsche Carrera is from this pic? Cause someone smacked wall to leave this fine wall art. A nice blue one.

BarberTrackWalk061.jpg

For Jay, check out how high the weeper is from the bottom of the hill coming out of 3. NOT where I thought it was in my head. I'm standing near the rumble strip at the bottom of the hill.

BarberTrackWalk018.jpg

Great pics, Charlie. That gives you a completely different way to look at the track. :thumbsup:

Wow that is some crazy stuff. Not the way the track looks when spanking a motorcycle around it. Thanks for the pics. That weeper is definately in the wrong spot :laugh: Another funny thing is that patch at the weeper (in my head) was a little shorter and turned sideways :laugh:

Sorry I missed out guys, but glad yall had fun and didnt break anything :thumbsup:

As close as that weeper is to the edge of the surface, it looks like they could go in from the side and install some type of drain. Maybe even without disturbing the pavement...???

Back