The Inaugural TEAM GIXXER **SMACKTALKAPOOZA** - Barber 29-30 SEP 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info, Keith.

Good deal.

So what's the reason for not allowing helmet cams? I could definitely find a way to tether that.

If you can tether it, you can wear it. BUT (and this is a big BUT); I have found that wearing a camera DOES take away some of my concentration on what I'm doing, and in the early stages of starting track riding it's not recommended.

Let me come out and video you in last session of N both days next month.

And is there a standard for the material used to make a tether? I've been thinking some good fishing line might be pretty convenient.

No standard, but I'd stay away from fishing line too complicated and the staff needs to be able to see it, or they might call you in to check that you have a tether. 550 cord would work pretty good if you've got any.

If you can tether it, you can wear it. BUT (and this is a big BUT); I have found that wearing a camera DOES take away some of my concentration on what I'm doing, and in the early stages of starting track riding it's not recommended.

Let me come out and video you in last session of N both days next month.

Yeah, I was thinking it might be a little more than I want to deal with while hitting those big numbers down the front stretch. Guest videographers are welcome. :thumbsup:

No standard, but I'd stay away from fishing line too complicated and the staff needs to be able to see it, or they might call you in to check that you have a teather. 550 cord would work pretty good if you've got any.

I didn't even think about 550 cord. I have a big roll of that stuff. Thanks. :beerchug:

Just so you know, staff is not pushing the tether thing yet. I saw several out last time that were just stick ons.

Just so you know, staff is not pushing the tether thing yet. I saw several out last time that were just stick ons.

I also noticed this... Trevor does not even mention it in the riders meeting nor is it listed on the STT website... So I would try it until they make you change it.

I noticed that some riders didn't have them at all, but I'd rather not be "that guy." :laugh:

Has there been a problem with cameras breaking loose?

I noticed that some riders didn't have them at all, but I'd rather not be "that guy." :laugh:

Has there been a problem with cameras breaking loose?

I think the problems they have been having is morons putting the stickies on their helmet/bikes right before they go out on track and didn't allow enough time to actually stick and settle..

If your mount has been stuck for a couple days or longer and you get in clipped in with the rubber piece in place, it aint going anywhere...

I noticed that too. I think the big problem was the "last minute stickon and go ride" problem also. Didn't want to be 'that guy' either.

I've heard a viable helmet tether option is a second stickon with a tether to it. Frankly, the helmet option is ok, but you do have to mess with wind/buffeting. Now that I've got a setup that will also show my gauges, I'm pretty happy with it on my bike and not on my head. I REALLY like the wifi backpack(s) and remote; when it's working right (i'm getting better at it), it's nice because it sync's all start/stop action with mulitple cameras.

The wifi bacpac seems really nice, but I can't see spending $200 to use it with just my two cameras. I have two hands :laugh:

I need to get a couple of stick-ons mounted on the bike before we go back to Barber.

Wifi backpack comes in handy with wife's airplane vids (kinda hard to climb out on the wing and turn it on/off in flight) :)

Wifi backpack comes in handy with wife's airplane vids (kinda hard to climb out on the wing and turn it on/off in flight) :)

It also comes in handy when I want to watch myself coming up to pass you from behind AND up front once I put it on you :moon: :laugh:

It also comes in handy when I want to watch myself coming up to pass you from behind AND up front once I put it on you :moon: :laugh:

If you notice, you had to wait for TRAFFIC to do it :moon: Kinda like me waiting for the checkered to do it to you (notice I hadn't put THAT up - yet...)

Note: He who shoots the video gets to EDIT the video to his satisfaction - don't make me make up a "BOOYAH pass Jay" vid :)

If you notice, you had to wait for TRAFFIC to do it :moon: Kinda like me waiting for the checkered to do it to you (notice I hadn't put THAT up - yet...)

Note: He who shoots the video gets to EDIT the video to his satisfaction - don't make me make up a "BOOYAH pass Jay" vid :)

HAHA.... You clearly deleted all the video you had of the OTHER passes :laugh:

I didn't know Team gixxer has a offical Flag, It means MOVE OVER, Team Beemer Coming to pass your ass... :laugh:

untitled.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back