Trackday virgin no more!! Nashville 18 April (pics)

STT-NSS-April-02.jpg

STT-NSS-April-10.jpg
09.jpg[/IMG]
STT-NSS-April-11.jpg
STT-NSS-April-11.jpg

STT-NSS-April-11.jpg

Great pictures... I'm not an expert nor do I claim to be, but by looking at the pictures, you need to relax a little more. Your inside arm should be resting when going through the corners. You inside shoulder should be dropped as well. Only one arm should be providing the steering input into the bike. Relax and breath!

:thumbsup:

Yeah I couldn't wait to see the pics so I would know more about what I was doing wrong. It was my first time on a track, and yeah I was tense. I wasn't even hanging off the bike and still manage to get a knee down a few times

Last edited:
Great pictures... I'm not an expert nor do I claim to be, but by looking at the pictures, you need to relax a little more. Your inside arm should be resting when going through the corners. You inside shoulder should be dropped as well. Only one arm should be providing the steering input into the bike. Relax and breath!

:thumbsup:

Agreed. Left arm should be hugging the tank. Get your chest down on the tank. Get your right shoulder down and look thru the turn. You are staying too upright. Putting too much weight on your arms..

You got great pics too! Like I said, I think you were in front of me more than behind me, but I'll take that over wrecking my bike anyday :thumbsup:

Yeah, I'm wanting to do it again soon, how bout you? Where/when? I want to go to Barber or road Hotlanta...

You got great pics too! Like I said, I think you were in front of me more than behind me, but I'll take that over wrecking my bike anyday :thumbsup:

Yeah, I'm wanting to do it again soon, how bout you? Where/when? I want to go to Barber or road Hotlanta...

Yeah thats a good reason I rode that bike, I really didn't mind if anything happened to it. If something happened to my busa well, I got alot in it, and it would be heart breaking.

I would like to do it once a month anyway. In May, I don't think I could hae my bike ready in time for Barber, But Im thinking Talladega, or Bluegrass Road Course.

By golly Keith, you have some great photos there. Nothing better than photos to critique your day. The one thing I notice in all your photos is your elbows. Your elbows are poking out and you should tuck them in. Remember to get your head down and rotate your hips around the tank with the family jewels tucked up tight against the tank!

Good job, especially for your first track day! :thumbsup:

GregBob had some good advise about relaxing and not trying to push yourself. It's true you'll have your best lap times if you are relaxed and not worried about speed but concentrating more on technique!

Yes Master I'll work on that. Maybe I need to come out to your school :)

R&G Racing Sliders...but you DO NOT want them; they stick out too far and could create a lowside. Have since put on a Woodcraft Stator cover w/slider. How appropriate you post this now, as I am going back to this track in 2 days (Sun OCT 4) for another trackday!

Track days in October?! I'm so jealous of you southern guys... It's already snowed here twice.

For your clearance issues.. Have you had the suspension set up for you yet? It makes a difference. The rear shock on my track bike looked like it was set up for someone who weighed about 110lbs and it severly effected my clearance.

Nice vid. Now I'm all pumped up and only have 7-8 months till good weather...

The more I see busa track vids the more I want to take mine out and run a session on her. If I end up picking up an enclosed trailer that I can haul more than 1 bike in I think I'll give her whirl up at spokane. The strait is just under a mile long.

What kind of camera did you go with for that vid?

That's a GoPro Hero; the HD version will be out in the next month or so. I have been the only BUSA on ever trackday I've been to this year; I get alot of stares...

Back