Nashville Trackday 10 April

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
I crashed my @#$( Gixxer trackbike AGAIN! #@)*#@ on the third session on Saturday. Minor damage to bike nothing wounded except my ego. Bike unridable without parts (broke the clutch reservoir) so had to come home. Prepped my Busa and am going back tomorrow. Hadn't planned to ride Busa on track again (I had BETTER NOT wreck it knock on wood:please:). Jbrew44 and 09Busadvr both there having a good time. Thanks for sharing your slot Adam!

Yes, I have video, but am too embarrased to show it. Totally my fault screwed up the line and went off the track. Lost it in grass hit hay bales in front of fence.

They have been working on the track; tar snakes everwhere especially on the race line which is very disconcerting (when the bike squiggles on it).

This crashing BS is getting expensive (and very demoralizing). :banghead::banghead:

That's a bummer Keith! But you can't post up a crash, tell us you have video then not post it up :rulez: We all crash man, don't let it bother you. If you never crash, you aren't riding very hard. And if you never scare yourself, you aren't learning very much.

Sorry about the crash. Take your busa back out tomorrow and enjoy the day. What happened today is history. Don't forget it but put it on the back burner and don't let it bug you.

Call me tomorrow after the first session.

Have fun! Wish I could join you!

Thanks SteveO you've been very gracious and I much appreciate your works (both phone and here) of encouragement! I'm in a rut I need to get out of.

P.S. That broke off bolt won't back out; I've already figure out that the parts to repair this is gonna cost me nearly $500...

Here it is.

1st lap, ok. 2nd lap, caught a tar snake in turn 3, guess that spooked me. Turned in way too early after straightaway and not hard enough. Made it thru 1st part of S only to screw up on the 2nd part. Off the track and that was it.

Last edited by a moderator:
AND THEY WALKED AWAY !
DAYUM GINA !

Very happy you are here telling us about it. It looked pretty scary.
Not sure if in real life you were coming up on the fence faster or slower but it made me cringe watching the video.
Dont know enough to comment on why you wrecked so I'll leave that to others.
I will say that even though you crashed I cannot tell you how jealous I am.
Coming out of the turns onto the big track like that around the Stock Car part is just well...

no fair...:cry:

On another note that Go-Pro cam seems to be pretty durn tough huh ?

Last edited:
Oh dude, you came ever so close to pulling that one off. You were almost stopped when she tipped over. Even if the angle would have been just slightly more to the right you could have let her coast right past the hay bails and back on the track.

Your video is a great asset to you as well as others showing how very important line choice is. Your problem began by letting the bike drift wide on the first corner entry. That pushed you wide on the exit placing the bike on the inside of the second corner entry which meant you were (Had no choice) going wide wide on the second corner exit and off the pavement.

Everyone makes mistakes. All who watch Keith's video take notice, it's usually very simple mistakes that can lead to disaster. Keith wasn't hurt and $500 for a crash repair is less than average so all went well. It's great to have video from the bike. Makes it easy for Keith to recognize and correct his mistakes.

I found myself leaning to the right as Keith approached the hay bails. I guess I was thinking I could help him steer past them? :dunno:

Sorry about the getoff Kieth. I too, have crashed due to poor line choice or being lazy and letting the bike drift off line. Nothing to be ashamed of. Thanks for posting up the video! :beerchug:

Thanks for posting this up! You rule on the vids around here. Sorry about the crash, but posting allows some of us to look, listen, and hopefully learn. You bringing the 1K to the bash?

Now Dang it Keith! You better stop that or your wife wont let you do it any more!

Glad your not hurt.

Here it is.

1st lap, ok. 2nd lap, caught a tar snake in turn 3, guess that spooked me. Turned in way too early after straightaway and not hard enough. Made it thru 1st part of S only to screw up on the 2nd part. Off the track and that was it.

Sorry about the get off. On a video note, if you change aspect ratio of your editor to 16:9, most of the black border will go away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feeling much better today; bumped myself down to Novice and my Busa feels more stable. Now the only people passing are instructors..neck pretty sore last night but looesened up now. No video today didn't bring my mount. Beautiful day!

Glad to hear that you are ok and that there is minimal damage done to the bike. Just imagine how bad it could have been if you would have laid the bike down while riding on the street.

They have track days here in Nashville,TN where, when and how do I sign up?

Do an internet search for Sport Bike Track Time

Then your on your way.

Keith, Gixxer parts are cheaper than human parts, glad your ok.

See yas in a couple weeks!

Back