Bar Risers

hefty01

Registered
Just after some opinions on which you would recomend either helibars or genmar risers.With genmar risers is it possible to lower front by sliding forks through tripple tree any advice appreciated.

I have the 1.25" genmars and yes you can slide the forks up through the risers. I slid mine all the way until they hit the top of the triple tree. Probably about 1-1.25" lower
smile.gif

Pipe fighter i notice you are running 16/42 how do you find it i have 16/40 but am thinking of going to 16/42 . Do you go to drags if so how is this combo

This is the way I bought the bike..He made the bars..the guy gave me a set of Titanium bars with a nice bend and some longer Speigler lines. planning on installing them and moving the bar more up and back. So, no throttle mizer for me, I will use whats there now, it seems to work well..

Sorry, a couple of things you will need to consider too. You may need to get an aftermarket windscreen if you havn't already. You may have to reroute the choke cable. You may also find that the front brake cable gets too tight for comfort when the front end comes off of the ground.
wink.gif

Go with the GenMar, they do not change the look of the bike. You will need to get a new windscreen too. Get them at the same time too. I went with the Zero Gravity Double Bubble, but it all comes down to how it looks with your bike.

<!--EDIT|manatrader
Reason for Edit: None given...|1109604042 -->

I bought the Genmar riser. Made a big difference for me. As for hitting the the shield, yes, it does. Brake reservoir hits. Regardless, it's not a big deal. Someday I'll replace the shield with something that provides more clearance, but in the meantime it's not a problem.

genmar 1.25" riser with double bubble does not hit... it comes close but clears fine
cool.gif

Back