Attn: Bridgstone bt016 on sale

I paid $215.99 for a full set TMD (Shipped to my address in NY)

Products Ordered:
---------------------------
Part #: TUC_30-1269_pkg
Name: BRIDGESTONE BT016 Street Motorcycle Tires PACKAGE DEAL REAR 190/50ZR-17
Quantity: 1
Price/Each: $184.99

Part #: TUC_30-1263_pkg
Name: BRIDGESTONE BT016 Street Motorcycle Tires PACKAGE DEAL FRONT 120/70ZR-17
Price/Each: $124.99

Part #: _pdisc
Name: Package Discount
Price/Each: -$109.99

Order Total:
----------------------
Total Products and Services: $199.99
Total Tax: $0.00
Total Shipping: $16.00
Ship via: UPS Ground
Signature Required for Delivery - Yes
Subtotal: $215.99
Total for Order: $215.99

Last edited:
What kind of mileage are you getting w/ these?

How do they compare to PP 2CTs w/ regard to grip & how fast they heat up?

What kind of mileage are you getting w/ these?

How do they compare to PP 2CTs w/ regard to grip & how fast they heat up?
I thought these were the "OE tire" for the K8? but here is a review I found.. (most tire reviews seem pretty lopsided)

July 11th, 2008 - Bridgestone BT016 Reviews
More than 2800 Laps of Jerez were ridden on the new BT016, which boasts a three-layer front and five-layer rear tire design.

Bridgestone has been using multi-compound tires for over twenty years and the company claim the new BT016 represents their best effort yet. The front BT016 is made up from what Bridgestone calls 3LC (three layer compound) which means the centre compound's harder than the outside to help prolong tire life, while giving good feedback when the bike's cranked over. The rear BT016 is made up of a 5 layer compound - a firm centre, encased by a softer mid-section designed for maximising drive out of corners and on the outside of the tire is an edge compound, for when the bike's cranked over at maximum lean. Sounds good enough but does it actually work?

Let's put it like this: tire launches are totally different to bike launches. Around 20 journalists are let loose around a MotoGP circuit on machines ranging from a BMW R1200 to the new 180bhp ZX-10R. That's 20 pumped-up, adrenalin-fuelled, egotistical riders giving it absolutely everything they've got all day long. It's a recipe for utter carnage. But despite the potential for mayhem we found the tires warmed quickly, delivered consistent lap times and only degraded in performance when the tire had reached the end of its life - around 1000 miles of hard track use. Entry speed into the circuit's fast, sweeping bends steadily increased as confidence grew and the lap times dropped. Some of us had a moment or two from the rear end due to getting on the gas too hard, which can happen on any tire, but the BT016 warns you're asking too much from its steel-belted carcas well in advance with a lazy twitch rather than a vicious snatch. The track performance is so impressive it's hard to believe Bridgestone are marketing the BT016 as a road tire.
I could try to bamboozle you with the technical blurb thrown at us during the press conference but I reckon the following paragraph sums up Bridgestone's new tire better than any performance chart:
At the close of play around 2800 laps had been completed by a host of testers ranging from ex-GP Gods to mere mortals like me. That's almost 9000 miles of near flat-out riding, with a generous smattering of panic braking, hefty throttle abuse and a healthy dose of missed apexes in over 30,000 corners. But despite riding as hard as we dared all day long we all kept it sunny side up - no highsides, no lowsides - nothing. That's impressive.

The new BT016 reviews look likely to maintain Bridgestone's position in the Hypersports tire market, as we reckon it's one of the best road-based sports tires we've tested. We'll give you another report once we've tested the tire on UK roads in the wet.
If you're a road rider that enjoys a bit of track action every now and again then give a set a go. We reckon you won't be disappointed.

Compliments of battlax.co.uk

WOW... I love mine too.. never before could i just throw the Busa right down to the pegs.........and the middle section is like new still..not that many miles on them yet..
Highly recommended.....279.00 to my door... for the pair. :thumbsup:

Justanova told me about the sale after I had already bought a new rear. My rear was toast after last weekend. So I took the new rear back to cycle gear. They refunded my money and they are holding a set of Peralli Diablos for me until Sat. I've used the Diablos in the past, with good results. Thanks again Brett for the heads up.

Good review on performance, but how many miles are people getting on these?

I get 4500-5000 on a rear PP & PP 2CT's.

Last edited:
I got exactly 4000 out of my BT015's when I saw wire sticking out (not good) of the rear.

I picked up my set today!:cheerleader: When I asked about these at my local Cycle Gear on Mon. they acted like they didn't know about it at first but after telling them that my sources,(you guys) are usually pretty good he went online and looked it up. At first he told me it was only available online but I saw an inter office memo on the counter that was announcing the sale and it stated that "for a persistent customer they can be special ordered" so I was "persistent" and he ordered me a pair. But he only added 8.00 dollars once for shipping instead of twice for both tires.:whistle: I then found some knew boots and gloves too. My wife is gonna hate me:poke: but.......I needed them.:laugh:4000 miles and the rear is almost shot. I didn't really need the front but how could you pass up this deal and it will be nice to have a matching set of these going on first thing next spring after the snow melts.:thumbsup: Can't wait to try out my new boots and gloves too this weekend. I've been wearing the gloves when I drive my truck for the last two days:rofl:you know...just to break them in.:laugh:We are a strange breed.:beerchug:

You did better than me, they told me "online only" when I called them to see if they had a set in stock.

Back