attention plz...

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Ok I know our membership is growing but we need to stop these wrecks! It's messin wit my mind ... especially when i am riding ...
mad.gif
wow.gif
sad.gif

From this point forward no more crashes! thank you.
smile.gif

BTW I still havent had the update on the jhealing up of all the crashers plz update - thanx

All good here Kent... bike is going to the painters soon(i know, i know that i have been saying this for awhile but x-mas is over and all attention is to the bike)
smile.gif

I've never wrecked and I never will.  And I WON'T "knock on wood".  Accidents are accidents but often times they can be avoided.  I avoid at least [average] TWO potentially serious accidents everytime I ride in the city...  ALWAYS by inattentive moron car drivers.  I notice them while in my car too.  People just don't pay attention outside thier selfish little world.  So, I bank on everyone driving to be a moron.

It sucks that many people have wrecks, but we only see those because we are NOT seeing all the GOOD RIDING that goes on.  Wrecks are just more exciting and appeal to our morbid curiosity.  Some people do post about going for a nice ride and that is always awesome!!!  It's like the evening news... they SELDOM talk about the GOOD stuff going on - just all negative, and that's unhealthy overall.  So, keep posting your successful rides!  Share the thrill you had, the enjoyment of yoru full throttle, the sweat under you helmet, the big smile and silly giggling after you slow down!  Let's hear it!

If nothing else, it does does open our eyes to how potentially dangerous this hobby really is.  I'm only on this planet for 110 years and I accept the trade off of enjoying the crap out of myself now verses potentially being safe and living to see tomorrow and regret not having done it.  But that's just me.

Study the HURT accident report, and learn to improve your odds.  ALWAYS wear FULL protection that you may live to ride another day.   Ride within your limits, but enjoy the time you have!!

And listen to HB.... NO MORE WRECKING!!!   ;)

PS: I've wiped out on my Pocketbikes a few times, does that count??

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1072814294 -->

The first thing a dizzy a*s driver says is,"I didn't even see him." No sh*t, OPEN YOUR EYES. Plus a reminder to all that haven't ridden in a while and what to take the horse out for a ride,Its cold out, tires suck when its cold until they warm up! As riders, we all know this bit of advice but often forget until the begining stages of a high-side.

My shoulder is not so sore today. Went back to work and felt okay so long as I didn't stress it. Haven't gotten started on the busa yet, adjuster still has to look at it. I promise I will try not to wreck. I was wearing full gear when this one went down, that is what saved my behind. I used not to worry about it, now I always wear my stuff.:cool:

I am no worse for wear from my accident this summer. The knee is a little purple and probably will be for awhile, but no pain, just a "cool" scar. Bike is okay. Replaced the stator cover and left lower right away. Bike runs fine, but will be finishing it up here in the next couple of months. Looking for a new radiator and getting ready for paint. Then just a couple of odds and ends (left mirror and clutch lever). They work fine, just don't care for the rash on them.

Had my crash in August bike was a total. Suffered from a minor concusion and a sore hip for a few weeks. First bike was an 03 grey/silver. Insurance covered everything. I was without a bike for 4 weeks. I ended up buying same year and color and was able to salvage my parts plus new bike cost $700 less.

I think I am riding more cautiuos lately and I have allways riden like the cagers cant see me at all or even as though they are trying to hit me, knda like pinball... gear, YES! ( gotta be honest though 95% of the time full gear, 5 % t-shirt and or shorts. )
sad.gif

And yep lets have a safe 04!
beerchug.gif

I always ride like "THEY" are out to get me, I weave in my lane when approaching an intersection with a waiting car, I ride with the high beam on in the daytime, I am constantly scanning and anticipating the next moron attempt on my life, On highways I ride fast and cut through traffic as it reduces my exposure to said moron's, I'll split lanes in front of a cop if I think it's the safe move on my part.

ALSO, On busy City streets I aim for the openings but I ride with the flow, and as neer to the speed limit as possible, I get tired of listening to some of the local morons crying like little girls because some Snow Bird pulled out in front of them (Nearly killing them) when they were traveling at about 85mph in a 45 zone... It's works both ways folks, and I see and hear it a lot riders "boohooing" cause they keep getting cut off, keep having close calls and not having the ability to accept the responsibility of their their own high velocity causing the close call or the accident... If the speed limit is 35-45 and your traveling 85 when the lil ole' lady whips her Crown Vic in front of you it's important to realize you have to share at least 80% of the blame. The abilities of the modern sport bike are so far beyond the understanding and expectations of your average cager that it does become our responsibility to account for this. I know I can leave from a dead stop and hit 80 within a short city block, the cager up ahead cannot even put that into perspective, especially when you only have that single point of light coming at you, so out they come, realizing too late that you are flying and there is nothing they can do about it...so remember our safety is 99% up to us.

A few of Rev's Favorite survival techniques:
-Never stop centered behind the car in front, be off to the side and back far enough that you have an easy and ready escape route if someone isn't going to make the stop behind you, especially true in rush hour and on the Interstates. Keep your bike in gear, watching your mirrors until you are certain that the two or so cars behind are slowing as well.

-Even if your relying fully on engine braking while stopping use your brake just enough to activate your brake light, this is also true when you have someone following you in the twisties...

-Loud pipes don't do bobo for safety, don't believe otherwise, they sound good but all the uh "safety Noise" is behind you...

-Identify blindspots of the cagers and stay out of them.

-Keep your head in your ride, don't be thinking about other crap, be on the bike and be alert, besides your out riding as a choice it's supposed to be fun, so focus and don't let the days BS get into your head.

-Practice panic braking at least once a week, I mean grabbing a fistful of front brake and drive the front end through the asphalt like there is a hottie holding a fourty Z and $100 bill waiting.

-Practice emergency lane changes...This is a lot of fun actually, as fast as you can, get out of your lane over to the other lane and back again... I mean really get it over and back like your life depends on it...cause it just might. In a panic situation you will react out of habit, out of training and reflex, if you haven't practiced full effort emergency braking or hardcore quick side to side lane changes etc, you set yourself up to get stomped like a bug. The Hurt report showed an amazing number of motorcyclists that did absolutely nothing when confronted with an emergency...yup, they rode straight into the problem without any braking or attempts at stearing intput...basically they froze, SR's took over, and they had no plan...so practice avoiding air and them darned dangerous white dashed lines...

-Dont get sucked into doing anything your not comfortable doing by friends, especially in a pack on the Busa... your on THE big bike, folks expect big things sometimes.

-Keep your bike in top condition at all times, good brakes, tires, chain adjusted properly, everything adjusted to fit you. Let your tires and motor always come up to temp before playing rough...especially tires.

-Trust no one, assume nothing. Remember, when you make an assumption you make an ASS out of you and Umption!

-Oh did I remember have fun?
rock.gif
I could go on for hours...

and hours...

AND hours...

WWJD (and everyone else) wwjd, you said you have never wrecked and you never will, that kind if scares me hearing someone say that. Not trying to be critical or anything and who knows, maybe you never will wreck, but I have been riding since I was 20, I am 41 now and one things has held true in my life... Anyone that I have know or currently know that has been riding for any length of time usually wrecks. The problem most of the time isnt the rider. Just like someone esle said, when i get on my bike I act like I am invisible and no one see's me.

However, my attentin to detail I think comes from a couple of things.

1) I am paranoid.. I have had friends killed in motorcycle accidents

2) I am paranoid.. I have laid my bike down in a turn on a mountain road, i was on the back of a back when my friend layed it down
and we almost slid off the edge of a cliff, I hit a school bus at 80mph because I was assuming no idiot would pull out in front of me, and sure enough as I was shifting gears, looking over my left shoulder to change lanes looked in front and the bus had pulled out and blocked off the entire street, no where to go but behind the bus that was still in the drive way.. almost made it to. one week in the hospital, internal bleeding broken ribs etc.

3) I am paranoid because I was in Marine Corps Aviation for almost ten years and spent a lot of time around aircraft that is sucking and blowing and have done my time on carriers, if you dont constantly look around you and are aware of everything that is going on, you often dont go without injury very long or sometimes you get killed.

And, just about every rider I know leeps the following sttatement to their heart "there are two kinds of riders, those that have crashed and those that will crash"

So.. I am not trying to be wet blanket but when someone changes their mind set from "I hope this never happens" to "that will never happen to me" at some level, no matter how small, your gaurd often is let down just a little bit, and that little bit of letting the gaurd go down can be dangerous

Anyway, not trying to come off as a know-it-all or a jerk or anything else.. just please be carefull.

Ok, off my soap box now...
biggrin.gif

Ron

Back