At What Speed?

NoFearSpear

Stop Looking!
Donating Member
Registered
<span style='color:darkblue'></span>Just doing alittle forward thinking, at what speed roll"n down the interstate do you move from a ticket to jail "cant let that happen" just wondering,,not that i'd be pull'in over anytime soon,,lol

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>300</span><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>mph</span>
firedevil.gif

It is going to depend on which state you happen to be in at that moment. I was riding (in a car) with a friend that got pulled for 110 in a 55. He let us drive away but my bud got a date with the judge out of it.
wow.gif

In NY you doubble it they jail you and take what ever you were driving

whoever pulls you over, if there in a bad mood you were running 105 your more than likely gone.
if there in a good mood and you were running 150, and God equipped you with a silver tounge, you go home.

usually anything twice the posted speed limit is reckless endangerment or something like that

Do not pass go, go to jail

vehicle impounded..

And everything goes along with it.

However if you pull over rigth away, be nice and honest with the police officer and dont try to BS them. be a little humble about it and realize you f'd up. You stand a much better chance of either have the ticket written for a lower speed that allows the officer to just write a ticket and not hall you to jail, or sometimes just let you go.

If you run, the odds are you will either crash, or the will have got your info and they will show up at your door and they will follow you until they are able to stop you.

In which case best case senario is a felony, worse case someone gets injured or killed

I know a lot of officers, most are pretty cool and if you show them respect they will often be cool about things.

But if you screw up and you are an a$$ about it, then they usually wont feel obligated to cut you any slack

To add. most of the officers I know do not take any joy in taking someone to jail unless the person is a complete a$$.

Taking someone to jail for a stupid traffic offense means at least 3 hours off the street where they could be availbale for something really important.

And then there is a lot of paper work involved. so most of the time the officer doesnt want to take you to jail any more than you want to go to jail.

In Cali, 100mph or above is an automatic trip to jail and bike impounded.

I've heard of officers giving breaks and writing tickets for 98 or 99mph so it would just be a speeding ticket.

I know of a couple members from this board who were pulled over doing 170+........no ticket no nothing.  That was the break of a lifetime!  He misjudged their speed.  We thought for sure....I mean, THEY thought for sure that they were headed straight to jail.

DD

Man, how in the world can you get pulled over at 170 ? Did thay stop for a soda then few min later 5.0 rolls up?

(NoFearSpear @ Apr. 05 2007,18:44) Man, how in the world can you get pulled over at 170 ? Did thay stop for a soda then few min later 5.0 rolls up?
... could have been going 170, saw the cops, then slowed and pulled over instead of just hauling a$$.

---

But... what does it mean when they impound your bike? Does that mean you just have to pay some fine to get it back?

(Charlesbusa @ Apr. 05 2007,16:05) In Cali, 100mph or above is an automatic trip to jail and bike impounded.

I've heard of officers giving breaks and writing tickets for 98 or 99mph so it would just be a speeding ticket.
i got lucky then cause i was 105 in a 55 and got a fat ticket that i had to pay in court the judge told me that it was not a jailable offense but at the time i got the ticket the cop threatened me with jail
wow.gif

(NoFearSpear @ Apr. 05 2007,17:35) <span style='color:darkblue'></span>Just doing alittle forward thinking, at what speed roll"n down the interstate do you move from a ticket to jail "cant let that happen" just wondering,,not that i'd be pull'in over anytime soon,,lol
In SC 30 over can get you a reckless driving ticket and a trip to jail. States vary and so does Officer's discretion

if you do stop and the cop asks what you were doing its prob not a good idea to say"Hurts My Motor To Go So Slow"...lol

(NoFearSpear @ Apr. 05 2007,16:44) Man, how in the world can you get pulled over at 170 ? Did thay stop for a soda then few min later 5.0 rolls up?
A long straight-away out into the desert......the trooper had another car pulled over, but we never saw him. He saw us coming and stood in the middle of the road and waved us down.

.....so I'm told.

DD

(PaNDeM1C @ Apr. 05 2007,19:51)
But... what does it mean when they impound your bike? Does that mean you just have to pay some fine to get it back?
In NY for a long time they took it and auctioned it off! Now you get to pay for towing, storage, and other fee's! Unless you do as I did my brother owns my bike
tounge.gif
So worst case he gets a call to come pick up my I mean his bike
race.gif

depends on the leo and where your at-1 case in Indy-140 mph on the southside of town,saw cop,pulled over,let him go with no ticket because he pulled over with no problem.There was also no one around at this time.It was like 3am.Then there are some leo's that want to jail you just because you're on a sport bike,you don't even have to do anything wrong.Of course this is caused by youngins on the weekends getting nuts in town.Ride a v-twin and they ignor you.But thats in Indy.

(05BusaLe @ Apr. 05 2007,19:28)
(PaNDeM1C @ Apr. 05 2007,19:51)
In NY for a long time they took it and auctioned it off! Now you get to pay for towing, storage, and other fee's! Unless you do as I did my brother owns my bike  
tounge.gif
 So worst case he gets a call to come pick up my I mean his bike  
race.gif
awesome loop hole... just uhh never piss your brother off toooo much ...
eek2.gif

Back