Arrested on Interstate 5

Lawyer up.....

Sometimes, depending on the circumstances, the lawyer can file a petition for the defendant to not appear, and let the lawyer represent him in court by proxy....

Its a motion like any other though, so the judge doesnt have to allow it, and its not applicable in all cases and juris districits...

If you're going to get raped if you pull over, running is a better option. Turn off highway, go around a bunch of turns and you should lose an Leo in 10 seconds or less. Going 15 mph over is one thing, going double the speed is a whole new story
Posted via Mobile Device

If you're going to get raped if you pull over, running is a better option.

???

Erm, no.... there is never a time when "running" is a better option.

If you see xmas lights in your rear view mirror, it is *YOUR* fault for failing to have proper situational awareness. Be an adult and pull over, and take your lumps.

If you're going to "run" in a populated region with prevailing traffic, you're going to put others at risk. That's just unacceptable.... it does a disservice to every motorcyclist on the road.
And no bike is going to outrun Motorola.... not even our bikes. :rulez:

Does anyone realize this post is from 07. :rofl:

I was reading and saw I answered and wondered what the heck was going on, how did I answer this, then realized it was almost 4 years old

@ warchild, did you not read the rest of my post? By the time the officer gets on the motorola, the fleeing biker should be out of the officers view. Cops can't radio your position if they have no idea where your position is.
Posted via Mobile Device

They are passing similar laws elsewhere. It's worse in Fla than what you had happen.

And yes while I can put up a good speeding ticket fight and have done so, this one I'd say get an attorney. You are at a disadvantage in every possible way here.

Maybe if they damaged your bike in transit, you can counter sue, and everyone agree to call it even and mutually dismiss. That is a maybe at best if it was damaged.

The only one gonna make out here, is the atty.

Sucks.

These type of laws are also why some people are choosing to run instead of stopping. Not much difference in penalties at that point.

(rubber2burn @ Aug. 22 2007,10:05) Note to Self: *DO NOT do 100+ in Oregon
Just don't get caught doing it
wink.gif

that's been my modus operandi thus far...

@ warchild, did you not read the rest of my post?

No, no, I did indeed read it. My point was: if one is having fun and hooning the bike around, it is up to the rider to ensure it's done away from prevailing traffic... including marked/unmarked LEOs. If one has excellent situational awareness in this regard, one can get away with a lot on public roads. But running over the Ton on interstate roads? Please. You can believe I am no saint on my K8... but when I am hooning around, it is always out alone in the nearby High Desert.

Regardless, running from LEOs is simply ill-advised, IMO, and I bet a lot of .oRg folks share that sentiment .

We could always do a Poll: Do .oRg folks think it is a good idea to run from the Law, or a bad idea? :beerchug:
I'll bet the poll stats would heavily lean in one direction. :laugh:

I completely agree with you, running fro the law is always a bad idea. But if your clocked going 100 mph OVER the limit (pegging speedo) pulling over, although the right thing to do, will royally screw your life over...
Posted via Mobile Device

what the hell? way to resurrect a 4 year old thread ???

Good topics where people will share different opinions never expire..

If u want to reference tool instead of opinion...whatever it is....it worked because u responded...so how about it was bait and u bit...lol

Back