Arrested on Interstate 5

ya, that guy runnin in phoenix might be charged, or has been charged, because those tv station choppers collided and they croaked.
now THATS a buncha BS
rant.gif

Well, as some of you boys know dont come into VA and speed like that and get caught....oh wait, thats right out of staters dont have the same law as in state people...for those of you who dont know what I'm talking about VA has a law now of reckless at least a $3,000 dollar fine plus whatever they want etc etc. But good luck for you visitors...if we were riding together tehy would pull me over to get the money and let you go.
SHOCKED.gif

(BusaBret @ Aug. 22 2007,07:16) Don't know about in Oregon but Alabama all "Reckless" driving tickets are a mandatory court appearance.
Its supposed to be in Missouri too, but my laywer makes it all better without my need to go.
biggrin.gif

(craigntx @ Aug. 23 2007,13:31) ya, that guy runnin in phoenix might be charged, or has been charged, because those tv station choppers collided and they croaked.
now THATS a buncha BS
rant.gif
WOOOOOOOWWWW !!!!!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME ?

THAT'S FRIGGIN REDICULOUS !!! But look at what happened to Lady Diana ?

Ahh yes Reckless Driving I had one of those tickets givin to me while I was stationed in VA. I was not on the Bike I was in my Chevy S-10 Leo said I was doing 95 in a 55 told him my S-10 was not capable of doing 95. Well I had a Lexus Blow by me and he Radared him but wrote me a Ticket figured why not get the slower fella by the way I have a witness that was with me and she knows I was only doing 70 I was speeding but I was not doing 95 MPH had a mandatory appearance for that ticket. Went to court and the Judge talked to the Leo and the 95 was reduced to 70 still Reckless driving in VA but the Fine was much lower.

(Rockin C Racing @ Aug. 22 2007,09:18) Recently in Oregon a new law was passed that anyone in excess of 100 mph will have an $1100 fine, vehicle impounded, and arrested for reckless driving.  Any time you are arrested, you have to appear in court, can't just write a letter.
here yea go i work with a couple other soldiers that are from oregon and they told me if you drive threw oregon and you arent from there then the cops pull you over almost every time they see outsiders. my buddy said when he got stationed down in ft hood texas and switched over and everytime he took a trip home to oregon he has been pulled over for speeding even when he wasnt speeding so he doesnt drive there anymore...
smile.gif

(YH2K @ Aug. 22 2007,07:40)
(DaCol. @ Aug. 22 2007,07:30) I suggest he GET A LAWYER ! This could be ONLY the tip of a VERY VERY Bad Iceberg  
firedevil.gif
Now then...

I was reading down through these posts and wondering when I was gonna see this sage advice!

GET AN ATTORNEY!

Worked wonders for OJ!
beerchug.gif
ya , but johnny's dead

Just don't get caught doing it
wink.gif
[/QUOTE]

Exactly...100+...unless that cop is driving 600hp engine...he is just wasting his time...

:moon:

Just don't get caught doing it
wink.gif

Exactly...100+...unless that cop is driving 600hp engine...he is just wasting his time...

:moon:[/QUOTE]

you bumped a 4 year old thread to brag about running from the cops. you've officially gone out of your way to make yourself feel like a cool guy, and consequently look like a tool.

My buddy called me last night from Lynn County in Oregon. He has been on a bike holiday by himself through the States, and was on his way back through Oregon when he noticed the cherries behind him. He was nailed at 106 mph in a 60 mph.He said they had cuffed him,read him his rights, put in car and went back to the station, and bike towed. Was finger printed, spent some time in the cell...bla bla bla. Finally was released with a court date, and an $1100 fine. *Did I mention he is 45, and grey hair....so he doesn't portray the average squid on a bike in the officers eyes.
His question to me was, he wonders why he now has to go all the way back down to Oregon in October for a court date? He said why not just pay the fine, and be done with it?
Now I know we are all law abiding citizens on here and never speed, but maybe someone can explain his circumstances a little better to me, as our laws are little different here.

Cheers,

Tony

Hard to make a call only hearing one side of a story.
I have to assume by your post your friend did not possess a license in the US, or the state he is licensed, is not part of the NON RESIDENT VIOLATORS COMPACT.
Not all states are members. IF YOUR STATE IS NOT - BEWARE. Simply signing your name , as a promise to appear in court is not enough.
If your state is not part of the compact, the state you commit the violation in, can ask your state to suspend your license for non payment. However, your state can ignore the request. If that occurs, the state seeking suspension of your license will suspend you in their state.
Most people do not know of or are familiar with traffic laws in the US. And I am including US citizens.
If you are holding a foreign license or one from a state which is not part of the NRVC, you can and probably will be required to pay the fine and costs immediately.
This could be the reason a seemingly minor offense is treated in such a manner.
It is something everyone should know when they travel outside their home state and ignore posted speed limits.

Confusing? Education is the key, before the lights and sirens come on. He who knows the rules, plays the game best. :rulez:

:moon:

you bumped a 4 year old thread to brag about running from the cops. you've officially gone out of your way to make yourself feel like a cool guy, and consequently look like a tool.[/QUOTE]

x100000

Well, at least now I know to never ever ever go to oregon.

thanks for the heads up.

im in oregon now, some of my co-workers have gotten busted and the fines are less than anywhere else i have been. thing that sucks is all 2-lane roads are 55.

If you have never heard of the Non Resident Violators Compact, it would be wise to google those words.

So there are five states that are not members. Interesting.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Just a note about the website referencing states' speed laws... the AZ info is far out of date... not sure about other states.

I got a caught in Colorado for....

Speed contest
Exibition of speed
Reckless driving
Speeding
Public endangerment
And unsaved vehicle

All on one ticket, I came back to Cali and never had to go to court, 100% lawyer

But reckless driving is up to one year jail there

Isn't the important thing here that he's from out of the country?

why not just DONT go back to oregon?

or keep your riding to Canada / ride slow in the US?

if it were me, I'd not pay it probably. Got a speeding ticket in France and the only reason I payed it was because the officer made me hop in his cruiser and go exchange USD to Euros then and there- if it was mail in I'da given 'em the finger ;D

woops didnt see this thread was NECRO'D.

my b for furthering the problem :(

Back