Arrested on Interstate 5

If I'm not much mistaken, you could be extradited from Canada for something like this. Best advice has already been said a couple times - get a lawyer.

(rubber2burn @ Aug. 22 2007,13:05) Note to Self: DO NOT do 100+ in Oregon
Note to self, don't go to Oregon
laugh.gif
ices_rofl.gif

(kennym4 @ Aug. 22 2007,09:57) This is a criminal offense !!!!!!   Did he have to post bond ?
either on his O.R., which if he has never been in trouble before I'm sure that's what it was ?   He will most likely have to go at least twice, unless pleading guilty. If he's pleading not guilty, He should be able to do that through letter. ( In Delaware you can)

First thing he needs to do is get a LAWYER !!!
He didn't have to post bond. They held him for a couple of hours, then sent him on his merry way, with his court notice.He is very mild mannered aswell, and wouldn't have provoked the officer in anyway.He didn't have to pay the $1100 right away either...not sure when he pays that.He did however have to walk 2 miles to the impound to get his bike back...oh, and pay the kind gent there $200 for his bike.
One other thing that caught my attention, he said on the phone, that on the ticket it was "laser" that got him.Now the officer told him they used laser in the moving squad car to stick him.Since when can they use a "laser" in a moving car and hit a moving motorcycle??? Thats news to me....
Oh well he headed out of Salem this morning and headed for the border...now he will have to deal with there question period!!

Thanks for all your replies gang...

Cheers,

Tony

WELL!!!! I'd have him contact the X DA attorney..( Retired DA's ) they have the most pull.... Remember Its all about the MONEY!!!! Thats the system!! If he is in court ask the Officer to show an updated certificate on when the Laser was last calibrated..He might get lucky and not have the document with him. " Your Honor I dont believe I was going that fast! ") How fast was POPO going when he caught him?? !00? Above the law!? Man speeding tickets get me Ticked off !!!
rant.gif
A Tractor trailer weight of 40,000 LBS Plus can go 70 mph on the interstate and couldnt stop in a 1/4 mile , But a bike that can stop , turn and go 100 times better than a RIG, has to do the same speed limit!! If its all about safety then the bike should be able to do 125mph or the rig needs to do only 40mph.. Money money money! Outa here!!! Good luck!!!! PR
argue.gif

(rocktober @ Aug. 22 2007,14:09) why stop if your going over a 100 mph, just let her roll
There ya go, felony reckless driving at first, now you get to add;

felony evading
and more
plus you're responsible for anything that happens during the pursuit....

Running is not a smart move. Just pull over.

im out on bond right now
reckless driving (wheelie) & possession of party supplies
they're offering me an $800 fine
im thiking im just gonna sit in jail a few days, i'd much rather get another ar15 than give my city $800

i've yet to find out what the ticket'll do to my ins rate
SHOCKED.gif

(Gunnybusa @ Aug. 22 2007,17:50) Did you call the DA today?
No Gunny...actually my buddy there won't be back home till next Wednesday...but I am forwarding him this thread to see all the great threads you all have posted....Much Appreciated!!!
Anyone get tagged up here...we will definatly help you out as much as possible with our laws.....basically a dozen beer goes along way as a bargaining tool!!

Cheers,

Tony

(rubber2burn @ Aug. 22 2007,10:05) Note to Self:  DO NOT do 100+ in Oregon
Note to self, "ALSO".......
super.gif

Boy Toykraz's in trouble...........he's building a house up there..........
laugh.gif

Wow just got back last week,from the oregon coast.I myself got a speeding ticket.Going 72 in a 55 which is a joke,was passing a logging truck..when he got me on laser.Wish I knew about there new Law....It was funny he kept saying You sounded like you were going over a hundred(probably was but he got me on the binders)@ 72 which is still 18 over.Trying to get a lawer myself to fight thes cock roaches..Cheers..
firedevil.gif

I wouldn't have stopped. Most cops won't chase a sport bike. If you can't elude in about 60 seconds, you're doomed.

They recently changed the law here in Florida. 30mph over the speed limit and its and automatic court date. What happens at that court date is unkown. Jail time, huge fine, both who knows.

It used to be you get ticketed for speeding and pay the fine what ever it is. After all its just speeding. Now if you caused an accident or something then yes I can understand the court date and all. But just for speeding, going fast. It should be the way it was, just pay the enormous speeding ticket.

Now our court system is that much more flooded.
race.gif

(toastman @ Aug. 22 2007,18:39)
(4wd @ Aug. 22 2007,07:46) BTW, was he riding a Hayabusa?
No actually a Ducati sport 1000...if it was a Busa, the cop would have let him off as all Busa owners are road gods!!
Ahhh I wish that was true, but if you read through the board, you will find even the mighty Busa gets it's share.

One thing your friend may want to consider - what speed was he really at?
* Less than 95 - you may have a case
* At the ticket speed - well, guilty, but maybe can work out a deal.
* Over ticket speed - Ummm. SOL (Shid outta luck)

I got a ticket in my cager one day. The cop officially wrote 74 in a 55 (less than 15mph over). Then on the bottom of the ticket he wrote "Speed 80+". I didn't know what that meant until I talked to an attorney. He said the cop paced me at over 80MPH but only wrote me up for 74. If I try to fight it, they may try to increase the speed to over 15mph (big trouble then). I don't get it. If I was going over 80MPH, then why didn't he write me up for that. Oh, because then he would have to appear in court. Less than 15, pay the man and go home
guns.gif

(whitele @ Aug. 23 2007,06:56) If I was going over 80MPH, then why didn't he write me up for that. Oh, because then he would have to appear in court. Less than 15, pay the man and go home  
guns.gif
Or maybe you just got a cool LEO, that didn't want to see you loose your license, or get raped with fines ?

(Team Bob @ Aug. 23 2007,00:34) I wouldn't have stopped. Most cops won't chase a sport bike. If you can't elude in about 60 seconds, you're doomed.
Keep comming back, it works if you work it !!!!!

Trust me, I am NO ANGEL !! But I'd rather have a fine, than have some Rookie cop come chasing me, blow a red light, crash into a mini van killing the 2 children in the back seat on thier way home from Sunday school !! Now you're sitting in jail, with 2 charges of vehicular homicide, and the rest of your life knowing that you took two babies away from thier family.

Isn't there like 2 posts a month where a biker lost his life running from the cops ?

Oh, I'm not being a D$#K, just saying it really is not worth running !!

Back