Are you covered?

Are you covered? - Tell me what you got.

• Liability Only

Votes: 99 100.0%
  • Full Coverage

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No insurance by choice

• On my Mom/Dads Insurance

• No insurance, I can't afford for it

• Don't need Insurance, Riding a stolen bike!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

VECTOR3

Registered
I have full cov. with bike replacement. But it cost me $1520.00 a year. I payed for the full year because I hate payments. eek2.gif

Now I feel I got screwed.

I paid cash for my bike and don't want to be out the 10k.

Photo_081507_003.jpg

stlbusarider

Donating Member
Registered
WOW I have very good coverage and theft insurance for 550 a year. I think you need to shop aroung a bit. Two words State Farm. You will have to move your vehicle insurance, but it should save you alot in the long run.

8Daytona8

Donating Member
Registered
Hey! I don't have full coverage but more than just the liability. Comp, fire, theft, along with the very important liability. If i crash on my own I better be on  firedevil.gif  $252.00 per year with the green reptile or maybe it was the cave person i spoke with!   SHOCKED.gif

Gunnybusa

DEFENDER of the FAITH!
Donating Member
Registered
(stlbusarider @ Aug. 29 2007,14:01) WOW   I have very good coverage and theft insurance for 550 a year. I think you need to shop aroung a bit.  Two words State Farm.   You will have to move your vehicle insurance, but it should save you alot in the long run.
My State Farm charges me $89 a month for full coverage.

kaosccw

Registered
I called my state farm agent and they said having an auto policy didn't matter. I thouht I would get a deal because I've had my auto there for a couple of years. Isaid No to the rate they offered.

I don't have insurance on the bike, I refer to myelf as self'insured.

I also crashed my bike 2 weeks ago into a pole because of heat exhaustion (I blacked out) . Paid the towing company and all damage was cosmetic. Had to buy new helmet and jacket also.

I don't worry about theft where I live and where I keep it parked.

el stumpo

Registered
(ks-waterbug @ Aug. 29 2007,17:06) Full coverage.... $225 yr
100/300/100
AMA member beerchug.gif
SHOCKED.gif

WOW!!! I want that.... $700 +/- per year with my insurance. Not bad, not great.. But tolerable..

Next year, I switch to liability and theft only.... $350 +-

Turbo-Torch

Donating Member
Registered
$1520 a year? I hope they included a <s>tube</s> case of K-Y.

I'm paying $280 a year for full coverage, $300K liability along with uninsured and underinsured through State Farm.

You do realize that you're not stuck with that company for a year, right? Once you get coverage somewhere else, cancel your current policy and they'll send you a check for the unused amount.

pashnit

Site Sponsor
Registered
Wow. Looking at all of your numbers, I'm really insured.
Full coverage at 250/500/100, unisured 35/70
Also have the bike inside my Umbrella Policy.

VECTOR3

Registered
(Turbo-Torch @ Aug. 29 2007,19:31) $1520 a year?  I hope they included a <s>tube</s> case of K-Y.

I'm paying $280 a year for full coverage, $300K liability along with uninsured and underinsured through State Farm.

You do realize that you're not stuck with that company for a year, right?  Once you get coverage somewhere else, cancel your current policy and they'll send you a check for the unused amount.
Thanks. Will check it out. ASAP

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
Full coverage...$500 deductible, blah blah blah...costs me $800/yr I guess because I'm a girl LOL Great driving record, no tickets, and I pay higher than the hubby who's lucky to even have his license... rant.gif

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
State Farm, 70 bucks a month, full coverage, gap insurance, uninsured motorist, 500 deduct. I love it!

samw5

Registered
ok just to settle this score, i've got full coverage and paying around $750/year. I recently rellocated and checked the insurance rate in the new state and for the same exact benefits I would be paying $1750!!!!

That's $1G more just being in a different state! Bottom line is that if you want to get cheap rate move to ARK or Kansas!

Sloto200

Off we go, into the wild blue yonder...
Donating Member
Registered
I'm paying roughly $800 for full coverage a year through USAA. ($500 deductable) I've been with USAA since they offered motorcycle insurance so they will still cover me as long as i own a motorcycle or dont have a break in ownership.

rc51ny

Donating Member
Registered
I got full coverage with State Farm--around $350 per year. My son (26 year old cop) just got a ZX-14 and State Farm was $1,000 a year cheaper than Allstate where he has his car insurance. Go figure?rock.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Bikes

• Bam Bam
    My Last Little Girl
    • rlmoorex
    • Updated:
  • My first Busa - 2012
    Nice, clean and well looked after , my pride
    • Kimbo2570
    • Updated:
  • busa